How to attract new players

barca

Any suggestions on how to get new players to try out Flames of War and/or Team Yankee?

• Incentives?
  • Advertising?
  • Visuals?
  • Other ideas?

Apparently, setting up cool terrain and models in the General Gaming Area at Guardian Games on Saturdays is not pulling people in.

• One of the missing elements is a second gamer to actually have a game ongoing.
  • Usually I am just standing there by myself, with everything set to go...

Or, maybe I'm not the right type to encourage people to try something new?

Prizes? drawings? Freebies?

Barca,

I think having a cool table of terrain and some models is a good first step. How about some simple flyers that you can hand out to people with an upcoming event on the flyer. The flyer should also have info directing them to this forum so they can be tied into or at least see the communication going on.

This event could be one like Zeke ran for TY in which a vet is paired with a beginner and the beginner does not need to own an army. Its just to get them playing the game so they can experience it and see if they like it. We could also just have two armies provided so they could take command of one force in the style of a demo game.

I introduced FoW to a friend down here in Salem who plays 40K and plays Infinity. He liked the rules and the game so it was not to difficult to get him into the game. I'm encouraging him to come to Tanksgiving.

Lets try and find a date for a newbie event and work up a flyer so we can have it ready to hand to people.