Exodite Hints?

WestRider

GSCSlaanesh-Apr18-PromeatheanSun6jkjcd.j

From the WHC article on the creation of Slaanesh. I can't recall seeing new artwork of Exodites in ages, or artwork depicting anything that they don't have Models planned for. This does seem to be Great Crusade era, so I might have missed it when it first came out, since I don't pay much attention to the HH side of things, but if it is new, that seems likely to be significant to me. Exodites also seem like they could be a fairly natural pairing to bring out alongside or shortly after a wave of Slaanesh stuff, and the Exodites were the only group mentioned in the article that don't already have in-game representation. Pure speculation at this point, but I hope it is pointing to something.

• Thanks 1

Promethean Sun limited edition Horus Heresy novella cover artwork, so it's definitely not new artwork.

If I recall, Iron Hands + Death Guard + Salamanders on a world (Caldera) with Eldar.   The novella's focus was on Vulkan... lots of Vulkan... so I'm wondering why that artwork was used in the article.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dalmer said:

Promethean Sun limited edition Horus Heresy novella cover artwork, so it's definitely not new artwork.

OK, so that takes a significant chunk out of my theory if it's 6 years old. I wonder if that's just the only Exodite artwork they had that was from this century or something, and that's why they used it when most of the other Aeldari sub-Factions just got a picture of one person on a blank background.