New Years Blitz! Season Two - Blitz Bowl Tournament
Event created by Weav
**THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CAPPED AT SIX PARTICIPANTS PER MULTNOMAH COUNTY LOCKDOWN GUIDANCE**
It's a new year, and a great time to Blitz! New Year's Blitz! Season Two is a four-round, Blitz Bowl tournament held at the Ordo Fanaticus clubhouse in SE Portland, Oregon. New Year's Blitz! Season Two will feature all the new rules and player rules, stats and skills from the Blitz Bowl Season Two boxed set. All official Games Workshop released teams are available for play. If you use any of the new teams from Blitz Bowl Season Two, you must provide your own cards. COVID precautions will be in place, including mandatory masks, socially distant pitches, no dice sharing, touch your own miniatures, and hand sanitizer at all tables. Purchase your entry here.
Rounds begin at 11am. Each round will last one hour. The scheduled is posted below. At the end of the event, we will acknowledge the Overall Champion, and Most Points Scored. Tournament scoring mechanism is shown below. All Challenge decks will include additional new, custom cards designed for the event. Want to learn more about Blitz Bowl? Watch this video.
*Chaos Chosen Blocker* special rule change:
- Indomitable: The player cannot be Knocked Down. If they would be, make an Armour check for them - if it is passed, they remain standing. If they had possession of the ball, it will scatter from their square as if they had been Knocked Down. If the Armour check is failed, they are injured.
Halfling special rule changes:
- Slippery Little Runt: When this player is the target of a block action, and the result of that block is a Miss, Shove or Tackle, their coach can choose to ignore the result and this player makes an immediate free Sidestep action; if they are unable to make the free Sidestep action, the result of the Block stands.
- Very Well Fed: Once per this player's turn, while this player is on the pitch, they can make a free Block or Mark action.
- Sudden Death victories are not in effect for this tournament; all games are played until the end of the Challenge deck as normal
- 10:30a Registration
- 11:00a Blitz Bowl round one
- 12:00p Break
- 12:30p Blitz Bowl round two
- 1:30p Blitz Bowl round three
- 2:30p Blitz Bowl break
- 2:45p Blitz Bowl round four
- 3:45p Break
- 4:00p Results and Awards
Blitz Bowl tournament scoring:
- Round Win: 15 tournament points
- Round Draw: 5 tournament points
- Round Loss: 0 tournament points
- Bonus: one tournament point per ten points scored in each game; ie, 22 game points would be two bonus tournament points
- Teams will receive one bonus tournament point for each ten points scored each game, rounding down; example: 17 points scored in the game would add one point, regardless of W/L/D
- Tie-breaker: total points scored across all games
There are no comments to display.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.