Cypher can....wait...srsly?

Raak

Loren, I agree with you. I am at times an extremely competitive player, but this might be nice to get more people  back into 40k. With that said I also believe that if this is to be held as a tournament then the best overall player should not be the highest reward.

This goes towards the NOVA Open style of player rewards, all the prizes are raffled off.  You get more tickets the more you lose.  I strongly believe a tournament is about the players, more so about the players that don't take first, because there is only one of those but a tournament takes more than one person.

Also, learn to paragraph Shea, your walls of text crit me into not reading this thread for at least a week.

If you want to create some order out of all the recent changes (which I'm not against) I think it should be done objectively, and well in advance. Creating a ban list makes more sense to me. "No Escalation, Stronghold Assault, Formations, or Data Slates may be used." Clean, fair, and minimal hurt feelings.

This is where I'm at with it currently, be forward, be clear and be upfront about it.

If you want to run a fluff based event, go ahead, that's not the event I plan on running.  People not wanting to travel for the same old thing, fair enough.  People don't like to travel for crazy either, one of the reasons I stopped going to TSHFT was the crazy missions and because the event is expensive.  If we want to inject fluff into the event, I'm all for it, but I do not believe that fluff being the center point of the event will draw.  Do something to the tune of giving extra prize raffle tickets to the people who write up the fluff, have a prize for the best allies fluff story, all great ways to interject fluff into the event.  But I strongly believe, especially in these times of GW money crazy, that we need to have a clear concise and basic tournament for the first year out and then drink them all under the table, that is the stuff of legends.

• Like 2

People not wanting to travel for the same old thing, fair enough.  People don't like to travel for crazy either, one of the reasons I stopped going to TSHFT was the crazy missions and because the event is expensive.  If we want to inject fluff into the event, I'm all for it, but I do not believe that fluff being the center point of the event will draw.

really god point(s). Agree with all of this.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.