Ammo runt?

Guest Pnwwarrior

Ok oh ork master you haven't played me and don't really know me. I am a good guy to play against an have been playing for 20 years.

What does any of that have to do with anything?

My big guns will use their ammo runts on the Icarus las cannon. End of thread.

I am not disputing your ability to use ammo runts on the Icarus. I am saying that it is poor form to use those specific models to gain an advantage over your opponent that the normal models do not give you.

You can feel free to quit the thread if you like, but you can't tell me not to post in it just because you dislike my opinion.

• Like 1

You guys are both a little over the top, and the emotional response highlights this. Eben is right that this is modelling for advantage, but he pushed it further than it needed to go. Everyone tries to come up with clever ideas to give them an edge when they can, and that doesn't mean that they are intentionally trying to be dishonest. Sometimes a person just doesn't see the angle that makes the clever idea not advisable in a tournament scene. You are no criminal. This is a very small thing.

You guys are both a little over the top, and the emotional response highlights this. Eben is right that this is modelling for advantage, but he pushed it further than it needed to go.

I thought that was part of what made me endearing. :)

Everyone tries to come up with clever ideas to give them an edge when they can, and that doesn't mean that they are intentionally trying to be dishonest. Sometimes a person just doesn't see the angle that makes the clever idea not advisable in a tournament scene. You are no criminal. This is a very small thing.

No one is saying that anyone else is a criminal or a bad person. Just that this is modelling for advantage and not something folks should probably do.

Grots are totally O.P. anyway. As a draigo wing player if I walk up to a table and the green skin player is putting out grots I just shake his hand and concede... ;p

I can see both sides of the argument. On the one hand modeling for advantage (altering an existing GW model dimensionally) is not bueno.

However.

This is such a (literally) small case that I wouldn't be too concerned/notice it at all. The original poster could do any number of 'legal' workarounds (terrain/unit placement) to make it possible for grots to see over the ADL. I find the double stacked boyz much fluffier and fitting to orks in general.

Besides, if he can see you, you can see him. Focus fire him into oblivion if he offends you so much. ;)

Much ado and all that.

• Like 1