Ammo runt?

Guest Pnwwarrior

Yes that means your termis are much closer to each other for ap2 blast templates

Nope, my snipers killed all your crew. You didn't see them because I only use the laying prone models;)

In reality I wouldn't care if you used this against me because I'm a "casual gamer". I play so I can roll dice and make pew pew noises. If you're gonna use a double stacked grot model to see over an Aegis when grots normally can't, expect people to call shenanigans

Well I will let you guys know that I didn't run into problems after tshft.

I will say that people have a tendency to let issues slide at events for a couple of reasons. Sportsmanship/favorite opponent, timing issues and hassle.

Just because you didn't get complaints, doesn't mean it wasn't a problem. Models that use different bases or have different height/LOS profiles are modeling for advantage. Whether your opponent complains or not, you are getting an advantage outside of the rules over them.

If I have my big guns next to the Icarus las cannon can I use the ammo runts for RR's on that gun.

Works for the Aegis, but not for the bastion or other building. Reason is that artillery cannot deploy on buildings, so the ammo runt for the big gunz can't be there. An infantry or JP unit that has ammo runtz could.

-Pax

Guest Pnwwarrior

The argument was created by people who said that grots can't see over the barrier. I stated that they would be at the end. I put out that I got me some GW double tall grots because I felt it was silly to bring up LOS stuff that is obvious.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/grotcrew.jpg

Third one from the left right? It's a GW model, and completely acceptable. I would have no problems playing with it as it's the only one that can see, it's the only one that can be seen. Grots are not hard to kill, even in cover.

They are vehicle crew:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Orks/ORK_INFANTRY_AND_WALKERS/GRETCHIN-CREW.html

They don't even have slotta tabs, etc for bases. They are meant to be added to vehicles.

I'm not saying it is an OMG game winning thing, but it is poor form to model for advantage.

The argument was created by people who said that grots can't see over the barrier. I stated that they would be at the end. I put out that I got me some GW double tall grots because I felt it was silly to bring up LOS stuff that is obvious.

These sentences are a bit dicey.

Grots (from Games Workshop, the plastic kit and the former metal models) can't see over the ADL. This is a fact.

The GW 'double tall grots' are a Forgeworld add-on kit for vehicles.

Yes, you can use whatever model you want but when you specifically choose a model that isn't the right model and use it to gain an advantage in the game... That is, by definition, modelling for advantage.

My orks:

411211_md-.JPG

• Like 1

Guest Pnwwarrior

The las cannon doesn't need to be behind the wall next to it works. I am not modeling for advantage. they say gretchin crew. It says nothing about vehicles. You are making stuff up by saying they are for vehicles.

Guest Pnwwarrior

Why even bother with Forgeworld minis?

Grots aren't fluffy for my Big Guns, I'm going to have boys man them which takes care of this whole problem nicely.

Then I'll use 10 of these

m1520591a_99060103138_InquisitiveGrots1_

for my objective taker squad and hide them behind practically anything.

go for it. But I don't think you play orks. So you are really dragging out the strawman.

The las cannon doesn't need to be behind the wall next to it works. I am not modeling for advantage. they say gretchin crew. It says nothing about vehicles. You are making stuff up by saying they are for vehicles.

If the grots aren't behind the ADL, then the double tall one isn't really a problem since his height doesn't gain him much advantage otherwise.

And if you go on the FW site, every picture of those grots is on a vehicle or next to a vehicle mounted weapon. They are 'crew'.

go for it. But I don't think you play orks. So you are really dragging out the strawman.

Actually, I do play orks. I have a deffskull army and I use Grots and Kannons, and a quad with ADL.

I don't give my grots LOS over the wall unless they have it and I don't model for advantage to provide them LOS.

Guest Pnwwarrior

Ok oh ork master you haven't played me and don't really know me. I am a good guy to play against an have been playing for 20 years. My big guns will use their ammo runts on the Icarus las cannon. End of thread.