Walpurgis planning?

Veskit

Yes I am currently wrestling with my feeling regarding this. I have found myself very disappojnted in the fact that version two is not finalized yet. I'm frustrated to the point that my cons in continueing far out weigh the pros of moving forward.

As of this moment i'm feeling I won't be moving forward I have no passion left for this game and the local lack of enthusiasm has left me unwilling to devote my hobby time to this project.

I'm also very scepticle of my business acumen and lack of skill set that mister Graham has in order to proceed successfully. There are other local projects that feel warrant more of our attention. I could be swayed but I'm far from wanting to continue on to the commitment of resources step.

My offer to help out with one thing still stands. I can layout art for cards (but don't have coming up with another design in me), make a specific terrain piece or objective or whatever. Dan, how much are you willing to do. I'm guessing you could twist Corey's arm into letting you head it up... Just saying!

lol the distance thing would be the most difficult part, we're still going to run it out of the same shop?  If that logistic can be taken care of, and I can get the contact info of your sculptor (if he's still willing to come up with something for story encounters) I can spearhead figuring out the story encounters with Mark up here.  Then if Ray is still up for doing a bunch of casting for the sculpt (and also coordinate with getting the sculpted model), I'm game. 

the distance thing is the major stumbling block (unless you guys are ok with us running it up here ;) ).

I can see if one of the local sculptor/painters around here wants to do that portion as well if yours isn't available. 

I'll talk with someone I know about doing some art design for the back of the cards and some ideas about artwork for the JQK-jokers.

And I'm more than familiar with running events, just not one that's not been local lol.

hrm, now I've gotten the bug lol!  Damn you Jim! (although I admit I walked right into this one!).

I'm starting talking with a guy I know about art, if I get the suits and the facecards/jokers I imagine you're game to do layouts Jim? 

I'll see if Todd up here would be willing to do some sculpting for the event, and hopefully Ray will drop in and volunteer to do casting for the stuff, otherwise I'll poke him in a day or two.

We'd be looking at a 30 person capacity again right?

Go for it Dan. I believe we had 40 ish last year.

As for the sculptor that was part of the difficulty neither of us are happy with what we are accomplishing in a time frame appropriate for casting. Originally Ray was willing to cast but I haven't contacted him recently about it. I don't even want another Fate deck so I was at a loss for that. Enjoy my whole lot of nothing but empty ideas :)

So I've approached a guy I know for art for cards and he's totally onboard, he was thinking old timey pinups of masters/minions... I think it's a fun and great idea so I've told him to run with it, my recommendation has been:

Guild has: Lady J(k), Perdita(q), Miss Terious(j)?

Ressurectionists: Kirai(k), Molly(q), Nurse(j)?

Arcanists: Raspy(k), Collette(q), showgirl(j)

Neverborn: Lillith(k), Pandora(q), Lelu(j)

Then jokers.... Misaki(red), Viktorias (maybe a twins pinup?)

What do they consider Wyrd IP?  Are you talking if we include scheme/strategy decks?  Or even having a deck with the suits of wyrd?

Go for it Dan. I believe we had 40 ish last year.

As for the sculptor that was part of the difficulty neither of us are happy with what we are accomplishing in a time frame appropriate for casting. Originally Ray was willing to cast but I haven't contacted him recently about it. I don't even want another Fate deck so I was at a loss for that. Enjoy my whole lot of nothing but empty ideas :)

What do you mean for this?  I think the major problem is more thinking of an idea for story encounters then having an idea of what kind of model would work good for that. I'm going to brain storm with Jamie Stockdale, Mark Handford and Todd McNeal (who will be doing the sculpting) and see if we can come up with some story encounters that would create the narrative that we've become accustomed to at Walpurgis and go from there.

What do you mean for this?  I think the major problem is more thinking of an idea for story encounters then having an idea of what kind of model would work good for that. I'm going to brain storm with Jamie Stockdale, Mark Handford and Todd McNeal (who will be doing the sculpting) and see if we can come up with some story encounters that would create the narrative that we've become accustomed to at Walpurgis and go from there.

Had a loose idea for an Oregon trail Type narrative. Use the shindig rules in the first mission. The big model was gonna be a sasquatch all encrusted with soul stones. That was where it kinda broke down I don't have the same connections or pull Jim does. I had a guy working sculpting but he does not feel like he will have enough time to finish a sculpt he will be happy with. Also I can't write narratives and the volunteer I had four that has not been in good contact. I was actually going to reach out to you about my difficulties and now you are all excited and seem to have the resources.

Pm'd you my treatment use it or not your call.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.