D&D: Neverwinter (2013 free to play MMO)

Played a few hours. Feels just like all of cryptic studios games, so if that appeals, then should be a good game for you. Game is very much pay to play, with lots of in-game options restricted to paying players.

As for D&D title, the game is D&D themed, as it uses their setting and attempts to imply use of the D&D mechanics. Game is not using the D&D ruleset from any edition.

But, beyond this, if just looking for a free fantasy MMO. Game is decent, nothing new, but nothing poorly done. Graphics look nice enough. Game is simple. Lag issues typical of free to play MMOs (great solo, lag problems with other players).

As many of cryptic's games, has a custom map building with ability for players to create their own content. Not sure if this is a paid feature, but I suspect it is.

I think I like it, though I would much prefer an offline version, or online with private/local run server.

-Pax

• 3 weeks later...

I play with a small group of r/l east coast friends,we started it last summer when it went live and have 60`s now but im pretty much the only one that plays it anymore out of our group.

Its a very nice looking and playing game.I like the skill based controls with limited tool bar as opposed to the 30+ keybind EQ/WoW clones out there.

But I have a hard time getting past the bowling alley type of maps that the game has.Even the toolset is pretty limited in scope as to how large an area one can make.But I guess they had to go that route being an MMO were players can actually make content in it.

Ive got some low and mid level toons I run  a bit now and then so if ya want to group up Pax just send me a PM and ill link up with ya ingame.I think theres also ingame voice chat too:)

I played the game briefly.  I prefer my BL2 and LoL.  However, as a DND player since 1st ed, I will say the game is extremely fun.  The cool feature, which seperates this from other MMO's, is the ability to do nothing but play quests made by other players.  That was one of the main things I did.  I found that to be a ton of fun.  The creation for some of them was amazing.