A few questions about the Planetary Empires campaign battles

Threejacks

Was looking over both the Escalation and Stronghold Assault books missions and ive got some questions as to how these missions will work if they are chosen to be played.

Now if I rem correctly the map defender player gets to choose the terrain and arrange the terrain AND choose what side of the board to play on?

Does the defender get to choose the scenario as well? and if so do they get to choose what "side" to play in the scenario?..as in with Esc there is the Escalation player and the Enemy player..in SA there is the Defender and the Attacker.

The reason I mention this is that for list building in SA the Defender can choose up to three fortification choices while the attacker can choose an additional heavy support if they want.

Does the defender get to choose the scenario as well? and if so do they get to choose what "side" to play in the scenario?..as in with Esc there is the Escalation player and the Enemy player..in SA there is the Defender and the Attacker.

AgentP was pretty clear that games would be normal, unless players worked out a different format. In his example, we could do apocalypse in the early weeks, but it was solely up to the participants. In this respect, I think it would be up to the both of you.

As for the SA missions, I haven't read them, but unless they specify use in normal games (like the escalation ones do), I would assume the answer is that we won't use them (unless you and the opponent want to do them).

-Pax

Wasn't quite sure what "normal" missions meant being since we are using the new books too as the missions in both additions use the regular mission rules from the BRB with some modified setup and victory conditions .And actually for players not fielding a LoW it may be to their benefit when facing one to choose to roll on the Altar of War escalation chart as some of those are a more favorable matchup for the non LoW player than the ones in the standard Eternal War chart..for instance theres one were the LoW doesn't even enter the game till turn two.

Also the Altar of War Stronghold Assault chart certainly does have the feel of playing a defensive battle for those players "defending" a captured tile on the map what with all the fortification options available.

I still consider myself new to the game and when I see all the different scenarios available amongst the various Alter of War charts combined with the Eternal war chart it gets a bit confusing as to which ones are usable and were/when :unsure:

I`ll still make up my "Last Stand" SA list with many of my fort pieces and fill em with Ape men just incase someone wants to try a new scenario :smile: