Multiple relics/artifacts?

Double checking, I can multiple relics/chaos artifacts on a single character, right?

I'm asking because armybuilder devs, the inconsistent guys they are, seem to enforce a mixed stance on this front, so I wanted to ask the local guys,

-Pax

Most people are fine with taking multiple artefacts/relics/etc. They're expensive enough that you're paying for it anyways.

Very much agree. Plus the 1 per army restriction prevents any real spam issues.

-Pax

I heard the GW army builder does NOT allow multiple relics/artifacts. Grain of salt.

It is actually very inconsistent, despite their "official stance" of the above. DA in army builder are restricted to one artifact per model. Most others can take 1 artifact/relic plus the one that doesn't require a weapon swap. Some are also able to swap multiple artifacts/relics to the point that some can take 3 per model.

As far as I can tell, Army builder is no longer updating DA, as their current version is 1.33, but I've had issues posted since 1.27 that still haven't been addressed. I think this is related to the rather rapid GW inclusion of fortifications, then stronghold assault and escalation, plus the x-mas data-slate releases and codex: Inquisition.

I also don't think the present army builder format for 40k really functions in 6th with all the additional options. If they want to fix most of their issues, they really need to re-format the entire thing, which is a daunting task. What we have presently is an updated 5th version, rather than something for 6th. It matters with the more common use of allies which the present army builder format can't really handle.

As is, army builder gives major errors if more than one ally is taken, even in apocalypse settings. There are still related unresolved issues that have been present since the start of 6th, like this one.

-Pax