Shooting at armor not in your arc?

Came up in my game against Evil Bryan. I had Sammy's speeder which is AV 14/14/10. He had a Lascannon heavy weapon team in the side arc, but with TLOS to both the side and rear arcs. I said he had to shoot the side arc, because that was the arc he was in. I know the rulebook allows shooting the arcs your not in should you be unable to see the other arcs, but my understanding was that he was unable to fire at an arc other than the one he was in because he had TLOS to the facing he was in. We went with my understanding and he failed to glance or pen.

Did I cheat?

I was so certain in the game, but at home now, I'm second guessing myself. He did win that game, so I don't think it matters too much for that game, but I like playing by rules, if I can, for future games.

-Pax

If you are in an arc and can see that arc, that is the armor facing you shoot the model in. Doesn't matter what else you can see.

If you are in one arc (say, the front) and cannot see any of the armor facing on the arc, only a different one (say, the side), you will shoot the side arc despite being physically present in the front- however, due to the high-angle shot, the vehicle receives a +1 bonus to its cover save against the attack.

• Like 4

If you are in an arc and can see that arc, that is the armor facing you shoot the model in. Doesn't matter what else you can see.

If you are in one arc (say, the front) and cannot see any of the armor facing on the arc, only a different one (say, the side), you will shoot the side arc despite being physically present in the front- however, due to the high-angle shot, the vehicle receives a +1 bonus to its cover save against the attack.

So, I had it right?

-Pax