Considering getting into 6th

Natefoo

Some of the MCs are good here if you can get a clear Charge, but Dreads are kind of garbage in this situation unless you can really swarm the thing with them, because they're pretty much guaranteed to explode as soon as it swings on them

Well, he's running the SR, so he can assault out. With the chainfist, odds of a pen are high with each swing that hits, so it isn't so bad.

Anyway, really assumes that you can't destroy it with shooting. If you can with shooting, then the assault isn't needed.

As it swings simultaneously, the dread will likely die to, I did mention that.

The point is that the dread swinging at the same time is way more useful than a bunch of 25pt fists that strike AFTER the thing stomps and hits with a D melee weapon. The fists also don't have very good odds to pen av 13 in assault. If you've got furious charge, and I missed it on the WS bikers, then the fist approach might be worth it.

As is, the S8 fists will have a good deal of trouble with normal AV14 buildings, like a bastion, as they can't occupy it even if unmanned and can only glance it with their fists (glances don't equal kills on buildings). The buildings are also immune to the grav weapons, so they really cut down on your options. You've got the 4x MM bikes (only while within 12") and possibly the flyers (not sure on your weapons) as the only options for av14 buildings. If they bring one of those AV15 buildings, the MM still work, but the furious fists will fail, as will lascannons and assault cannons (including rends).

This means that an opponent with an AV14 or AV15 building can force the terms of the game, as you MUST get into melta/flyer range, so they can force the battle to be one about keeping alive the few units that can hurt the enemy... An Firestorm Redoubt, or two, would really challenge this army.

-Pax

psyker augments might help.  Biomancy?

The one I noticed recently is that we can swap the libby force weapon for a fist (or similar strength boosting weapon). Normally, this is a very silly/bad idea, but with biomancy or pyromancy to increase the strength, you might be able to transform your psyker into a vehicle/building slayer. Even with just a force maul, you should be able to get up to strength 9 on a regular SM psyker with iron arm.

In alternative, you could lower their toughness with other powers.

-Pax

Also considering Tau allies. They seem to have a decent amount of reliable anti armor. What tau units compliment bikers well? I haven't looked at the new Tau codex yet.

Again, do you want the army to all move together, or some hang back while others advance? TAU can do both, but different options are more useful in each role. I will suggest allies, if you don't intend to take non-bike scoring units, as the option to mount upper levels of ruins and buildings seems like a good call.

-Pax

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Drop fliers for tau allies and one bike squad. You could fit a buff commander, a tide and some outflanking kroot, and some boadsides.

Or my ws and tau list is farside where I use suits as troops. One of fastest scoring armies in game. But definitely a glass hammer. Fun to play, not super comepetive.

Scoring deepstiking suits with 4 melta shots (2 suits) will weaken most super heavies and be able to jump into hiding.