Disembark Question

JamesBeadle

As we played the other night (and yes I am new) I was told by my more experienced opponent that when I disembarked my unit of Burnas that I had to unload them all at once, and then move them. I had rushed my tank 7" (red paint) right up to a full tac squad and then pivioted it on the spot to preset its orky loaded open topped back to the enemy. Then I had to (according to him) place all my models on the table before I could move any of them. That is not how I am reading the way disembarkng works. Pg 79 (big rulebook) stats that I place a model (singular) touching an access point, then move him up to 6". It sounds as if I do this one at a time until the models are all moved. This would have made a difference in how I deployed the unit (though I flamed the entire squad into ash anyhow).

Is my reading correct?

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about that part of James question. You do move them one at a time, but they have to be inside the 6" bubble. Which is, again, different from previous editions.

Yeah, and it's within 6" regardless of how fast the models can normally go. So, if disembarking out it difficult terrain, it could be less than 6" but a transport holding jump infantry can still only disembark that 6".

-Pax

Disembarking can be a good way to get on a hill or other terrain obstacle without having to roll best of 2d6.

Umm. You still roll DT for disembarking:

The model can then make a normal move - Difficult and

Dangerous Terrain tests should be taken as normal, but it

must end its move wholly within 6"of the of the Access

Point it disembarked from (we assumethat any distance

that is lost becauseof this has been used getting out of the

Transport). Repeat this process for each model in the unit.

At the end of the unit's move, all models must be in unit

coherency.

• Like 1

Disembarking can be a good way to get on a hill or other terrain obstacle without having to roll best of 2d6.

You mean that the within 6" doesn't apply to difficult terrain? Difficult terrain is still required.

Or do you mean that you can move the vehicle 6" into terrain and then disembark a minimal distance, trading a difficult terrain test for a dangerous one?

-Pax