The Power of Summoning in Age of Sigmar

Hi Awesome folks! 

I just finished another post on aos-tactics.com: The power of Summoning in Age of Sigmar 

I think that summoning is a great and misunderstood tactical tool in Age of Sigmar.

To help myself and others understand its strengths and weaknesses I decided to write a post about it. 
In this post, I explain the basics of summoning and how you can us it to kick butt. I do so by covering the following topics: 

• Flexibility
  • Model placement
  • Overruling restrictions
  • The Balewind Vortex
  • Summoner Efficiency
  • Dealing with the rule of 1
  • Minimising casting risk
  • A bunch of other stuff

I would love your input on the subject and the article. 

How do you use summoning and do you think it is worth it? 

Cheers!!

• Like 2

Thanks for posting this here Matthijs:)

Im always contemplating a summoning list,just have yet to decide which one to build,heh.I agree fully that summoning is totally underated in matched play.Things like being able to break through those initial list building alegiance walls can be huge.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2017 at 3:46 PM, Threejacks said:

Thanks for posting this here Matthijs:)

Im always contemplating a summoning list,just have yet to decide which one to build,heh.I agree fully that summoning is totally underated in matched play.Things like being able to break through those initial list building alegiance walls can be huge.

Yeah exactly. Especially once all sub-factions get allegiance abilities it will be even better. The idea that you can decide what type of army you bring after the deployment is huge! 

• Like 1