opinions on two 2.5k lizard lists

If you want to go less magic heavy and want a little stronger list take list one and remove the steg from heroes. If possible drop the steg down into rare, take sharpened horns on both.

Finally take either the rippers or the teradons and try and fit a scar vet cowboy.

Ideally (I'm not sure you can get this at 2500) I'd put a scar vet on the carnosaur and make an old blood cowboy with armor of destiny/dawnstone/other trickster shard/gw/cold one. I love this guy in my lists.

the scar vet cowboy is something i might try out.  I love the steg helm on the oldblood.  1+/4++ and tough 6 is one tough mofo.  If i drop the skink chief bsb then i dont have a bsb.  I know slann are the best optiion for this but i am trying not to take one.  I guess i could take a scarvet bsb on foot.  Its kind of nice having 18 inch bsb coverage tho

i have personally never been a fan of named characters.  i really want to try and make a list that can compete without a slann.  templeguard without a slaan are tempting.  i dont like them with one because the slann goes in the second rank and takes away some of the TG attacks.  i just wish lizardmen had more variety for core.  i am thinking about taking out the skrox unit and breaking it into two more units of skink skirmishers.  i just dont see a great use for the skrox unit

Due to their movement/maneuveribility plus being aquatic Skrox units are literally some of the best flanking units in the game if properly shielded with skirmirsher units. Utilized correctly they will break neigh any regiment your sarus go toe to toe with. Combine that with terradon harrass outside of charging arcs and your opponents will be lividly furrious. People rarely expect rank and file lizardmen/monsterous chariots to do anything but that. Just a thought!

I got two games in tonite with this list and I am pretty pleased with the results. First game was against an empire gun line and his 3 cannons were spot on all gsme so lost tjat one. The skrox units were very good tho. For 110 pts they are phenomenal units. They pack just enough punch to be a good flanking unit and have enoigh shooting to handle fast cav. I think 2 units of these will be in most every list I bring. Also razrdons and salamanders become super nasty units with the lore of beasts. Put wysans on a unit of razordons and between that and their stand and shoot most units have a real tough time with them. without a slann eating up all the magic dice the bastiladons solar engine got off some nasty magic missles.