So now that there`s Knights in the game

Threejacks

Two pages of hypothetical "Nuh-uh, then I'll do that, then this, etc.". One reply of that nature is too many.

I was lost in all the explanations many posts ago lol

Im still curious as to how Escalation would balance out both with and without LoW`s being used if the games being played were chosen from the Escalation Alter of War missions as opposed to the standard Dawn of War AoW chart.Just seems to me that they would have at least done some playtesting on those missions prior to printing it up.I actually thought that if a player fielded a LoW they had to play an Escalation AoW battle(if they had a choice) but I guess it doesn't read that way.Those missions do seem to give more advantages to the Non LoW player than just the regular missions.

Either way ill be offering up some Escalation/Stronghold lists a few times a month for the next year if anyone wants to play them..but I don't have any of the uber Titan ranged D things though  except the Aquila(if that counts).

Just seems to me that they would have at least done some playtesting on those missions prior to printing it up.

You would think so, but Games Workshop.

I actually thought that if a player fielded a LoW they had to play an Escalation AoW battle(if they had a choice) but I guess it doesn't read that way.Those missions do seem to give more advantages to the Non LoW player than just the regular missions.

Really only two of them give significant advantages to the non-LoW player- Slay the Beast and Armory of Annihilation. Some of the missions- like Ultimate Linebreaker- actually give a significant advantage to the Escalation player, which is rather backwards.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Two pages of hypothetical "Nuh-uh, then I'll do that, then this, etc.". One reply of that nature is too many.

Lol. It had a point for about page and a half. It just became banter after a while.

Yeah, talking about Wahammer is just completely pointless. We should just shut the whole site down.

You know that's not what I meant. Explain to me how your argument doesn't boil down to being the same as two kids yelling "Nuh-uh" at each other on the playground and I'll retract my statement (y'all even agreed to disagree at the end, which is what the kids would do [or play rock-paper-scissors {hey that's funny, you guys were basically arguing about playing a game of rock-paper-scissors to begin with...}])

Because not all argumentation and discussion is completely without merit?

I didn't say that. I said that particular argument and discussion were without merit. There were too many factors. You were talking about a hypothetical game, with hypothetical terrain, with hypothetical armies, with hypothetical dice rolls that basically just boiled down to "my dad can beat up your dad." I even have proof it was without merit; you didn't change each others minds one iota and I have serious doubts as to whether you actually communicated the majority of your ideas to each other in any meaningful way.

(and yes, I do realize the fact that this meta-meta-discussion is even more useless than the argument that spawned it...)