Dark Tower 40k

VonVilkee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a casual event so there wasn't any emphasis on winning. Wins and losses were only used for pairing the next rounds adequately, but I think I was the only 3-0 at the end. 

A guy I didn't know who has a beautifully sculpted and painted purple Tzeentch demon army deservedly won best painted. Best sportsman was a roll-off tie between Mike G and Ty.

Good times were had.

I was also 3 and 0 Kevin. My knight went down in 2 out of the 3 games and it would have hit the dirt with another turn in my last game. It is such a CP hog to boot... it is scary but not really that good especially now with toughness. 

It is totally a thing the first time you face it but it is the support that gets things done...

Gotcha. Well I dunno who "won" then. Oh well. I was definitely the beneficiary of facing Ty's 17 KP tau in the first game. Since they didn't have a conversion from battle points to tournament points, such I high kill point list disproportionately catapulted me up to top table compared to some of the other match ups.

Agreed I faced yannari eldar in kill points so it was very cat and mouse don't give them away... I'm thinking umm going to point out the very first mission to Nathaniel for next time. It has 3 possible goals and seems more suited to this sort of thing. The last mission we played didn't even have points... own the relic win a major victory!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.