Does anybody play mid-war?

wargamingCalligrapher

48 minutes ago, Ultramar Or Bust said:

Would anyone possibly be into mid-war?

In the Portland/Vancouver area, we have two regular game store events for Flames-of-War Mid-war:

• Weekly: Thursday evenings at Guardian Games (GG) (6-10 PM), in the General Gaming area.
  • Most Weeks: Tuesday evenings at Oregon City Geeks and Games (OCGG), about 7-9:30 PM

Both of these events are attended by members of the RCDD (Rose City Dukes and Duchesses Flames of War Rangers Group).

I also host a combined Flames-Of-War/Team Yankee event most Saturdays at GG, from 1 to 5 PM. This event sometimes gets moved from the General Gaming area of the store into "The Critical Sip" (21 and over only)

52 minutes ago, Ultramar Or Bust said:

Also, how should I bolster my armies without cashing in 160$ on the Monty and Rommel box?

Loaners: If you show up on Tuesday at OCGG or Thursday at GG (see my 1st response, above), you are likely to:

• get an opponent who can put an axis or allied Mid-war army on the table (you will only need ONE army for a while),

and

• you might also get to borrow some units (or even an Army list of 50-100 pts) to "try-before-you-buy"

Used armies and FOW units: post in this forum, in the "Rogue Trading" section. Sometimes, people are selling or trading  FOW armies, boxes and units in that section of the forum.

On THUR, 11/30, I will be at Guardian Games with two 50-point lists built on the tanks in the El Alamein box.

We can play a couple of rounds, so you can try out both nationalities.

German Afrika Korps Panzers: 7x Pz III, 2 x Pz IV

British Desert Rats: 6x Grants, 2x Crusader II, 4x Crusader III

In December and January I will be adding Antitank guns and infantry to the Panzer core of my DAK force.

If there is enough interest, then early in 2018 we can have a home-grown FoW Mid-War North Africa (Tunisia) Campaign.

I am awaiting the next FoW North Africa book and model release schedule before talking about a start date.