2K 'Faith Pinata' Sisters list

Frowbakk

I've put together a list (and converting the fifteen Storm Bolter armed Sisters)for play in the new year.

It centers around the stratagem 'Martyrdom' from Chapter Approved which allows an act of faith to go off on a 2+ every time a character is slain and then removed from play (i.e. no coming back with Celestine allowed)

Sororitas Battallion #1 - 774 points

HQ Canoness (Warlord) with Combi Flamer, Bolt pistol and Blade of Admonition

HQ Canoness 'Lee Roi'Jenkins#1'

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior)

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior) in a Repressor with 2nd Storm Bolter

TROOP 5 BSS with 2 Flamers in an Immolator with TL MultiMeltas

HEAVY Exorcist

HEAVY Exorcist

Sororitas Battallion #2 - 502 points

HQ Canoness with Combi Flamer, Bolt pistol and Chainsword

HQ Canoness 'Lee Roi'Jenkins#2' with Storm Bolter

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior)

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior) in a Repressor with 2nd Storm Bolter

TROOP 5 BSS with 2 Flamers in an Immolator with TL MultiMeltas

Sororitas Vanguard - 724 points

HQ Canoness 'Lee Roi'Jenkins#3' with Storm Bolter

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in a Repressor

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in a Repressor

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in an Immolator with Immolation Cannon of heretic burning flamey goodness

The CombiFlamer Canonesses ride in the MultiMelta Immolators, and the two Storm Bolter Troop Squads double up in the Repressors with the extra Storm Bolter.

The Dominions Vanguard scout as a pre-game move while Lee Roi'Jenkins #1 runs as far forward as she can to make herself a tempting target and unleash even more Dominion melta shots during the opponents turn due to her Martyrdom

Lee Roi'Jenkins #2 and #3 hide behind tanks to take pot shots with their Storm Bolters before going off to die gloriously for the cause or to tie up a unit of conscripts, or whatever.

• Like 1

If you're thinking of Faith pinata, I would combine to a battalion and outrider or brigade and use the 15 point dialogous and 40 point imagifers to shore up your sisters. They are less expensive than a canoness and die easier. It makes your opponent decide between cleaning an imagifer off an objective/getting an easy kill point vs giving you a free hit.

Another neat trick is to put them in BSS vehicles so when they are blown up, if you roll a 1, you pick the imagifer. :)

Seems like if the opponent grasps that you are trying to get your characters killed due to an in-game mechanical benefit towards doing so, and your characters aren't equiped with powerful weapons, that the opponent may choose to ignore them for at least a few turns, while they shoot at real threats in your army. 

Not sure on that blade of admonition, but the other weapons seem like something that won't do much damage turn 1 or 2, and could probably be ignored while your exocists and dominions seem like things that need to die in those turns. 

Not sure what weapons sisters have, but seems like melta or plasma would make me want to shoot them more. Speaking of plasma, does slaying your own character with plasma work torwards this stratagem?

That's the point. You make them make the choice. You either put them in vehicles so they die when you want them, or you sit them on objectives. If your opponent wants them to hold objectives because they are afraid of killing them, that's up to them.

Blade is a free relic, so you might as well take it.

Sisters traditionally have the holy trinity of melta, flamers and bolters. They can also get combi-plasmas. And yes, if your model dies from plasma, you can use the strat. Which is a neat idea.

5 minutes ago, pretre said:

That's the point. You make them make the choice. You either put them in vehicles so they die when you want them, or you sit them on objectives. If your opponent wants them to hold objectives because they are afraid of killing them, that's up to them.

Blade is a free relic, so you might as well take it.

Sisters traditionally have the holy trinity of melta, flamers and bolters. They can also get combi-plasmas. And yes, if your model dies from plasma, you can use the strat. Which is a neat idea.

If plasma death triggers it, Combi-plasma seems like the smart route. For 1, they present a much bigger threat, and for 2, they are much more likely to die. You can even increase the odds of plasma death by shooting at something with penalties to hit because GW ruled that you can't have a result less than 1. ('cause alpha legion makes plasma hotter...)

Combine to a Brigade, eh?

3 HQs (I think, I'm at work without my books, so this is definitely "Thought Experiment" territory) of Canonesses...

Recycle one Canoness into three Dialogus for the Elites coverage and Faith Pinata duty...

Six Troops as above...

Fold in the Dominions and their tanks...

Two Exorcists as above, recycle the unneeded Vanguard Canoness into a Bolter-only Retributor squad...

Hmm...

Need to sit down and flip between books tonight to see if it'll work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frowbakk said:

Combine to a Brigade, eh?

3 HQs (I think, I'm at work without my books, so this is definitely "Thought Experiment" territory) of Canonesses...

Recycle one Canoness into three Dialogus for the Elites coverage and Faith Pinata duty...

Six Troops as above...

Fold in the Dominions and their tanks...

Two Exorcists as above, recycle the unneeded Vanguard Canoness into a Bolter-only Retributor squad...

Hmm...

Need to sit down and flip between books tonight to see if it'll work.

Yeah, I think you'll do better with the one brigade. Especially since you already have 6 troops.  If I got the math right, you can get it right under 2k:

Sororitas Brigade

HQ Canoness (Warlord) with Combi Flamer, Bolt pistol and Blade of Admonition - 60

HQ Canoness 'Lee Roi'Jenkins#1' - 45

HQ Canoness 'Lee Roi'Jenkins#2' - 45

Elite - Dialogous - 15
Elite - Dialogous - 15
Elite - Dialogous - 15

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior) - 51

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior) in a Repressor with 2nd Storm Bolter - 163

TROOP 5 BSS with 2 Flamers in an Immolator with TL MultiMeltas - 191

TROOP 5 BSS with 3 Storm Bolters (incl. Sister Superior) in a Repressor with 2nd Storm Bolter - 163

HEAVY Exorcist - 135

HEAVY Exorcist - 135

HEAVY 5 Retributors - 45

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in a Repressor - 228

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in a Repressor  - 228

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in an Immolator with Immolation Cannon of heretic burning flamey goodness - 221

I've almost always played Sisters as a Mechanized force so my thoughtful tactical deliberations (i.e. dithering) doesn't slow down the game as much. That's why I liked the old school Immolator Spam back when Immolators had firing ports.

My idea is to use the "Faith Pinatas" to power further Dominion Melta destruction. Having Heavy Bolter Retributors seems kind of at cross purposes with that, though I suppose that's what an Imagifer lurking nearby is for.

So how well does a fire base of Retributors fare these days? Do the Dominions do a good enough job of cracking things open for them to shoot, in your opinion?

• Like 1

More fiddling around with the list, per pretre's suggestions. Looks like I might be converting a lot more Heavy Bolters and figuring out more Dialogus models in the future. Warrior Woman from Schaeffer's Last Chancers with a communication backpack outghta work, or giving the few Repentia I have Dialogus Staffs instead of eviscerators might work out as well.

Sororitas Brigade (+9 CP)

HQ Canoness (Warlord) Flamey McBookburnista with Combi Flamer, Bolt Pistol and Blade of Admonition - 60

HQ Canoness Lea Roy - 45

HQ Canoness Jenn Kynz - 45

ELITE - Dialogous Snafu'na Thurman - 15
ELITE - Dialogous Tarfu'zie N'thabanshees - 15
ELITE - Dialogous Fubar'ita Moreno - 15
ELITE - Dialogous Bohica Jones - 15

ELITE - Imagifer Wavetheia Banner - 40

HEAVY 5 Retributors with 4 Heavy Bolters - 85

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in a Repressor - 228

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in a Repressor  - 228

FAST 5 Dominions with 4 Melta in an Immolator with Immolation Cannon of heretic burning flamey goodness - 221

With approximately 1.5 Acts of Faith at the beginning of each of my turns and another each time a Character snuffs it that should add up to more shooting of Meltas or Heavy Bolters as needed.

I think the very underused Act of Faith 'The Passion' could be used to move a character into close combat and pull an opponent out of position to meet a hail of bolter shells, or possibly off of an objective.

Assuming I have time to get to any gaming events, that is.