Hey Jim (volumes 1, 2, and 3)

Munkie

Looks like you're doing pretty well with the Wood Elves. That's cool.

I've been enjoying them. Honestly, I feel like I'm losing every game until it comes time to count up points. Half my army is tied up in the treemen and treekin, and they can be tough to get points off of. I'm used to playing Woodies without any big blocks of troops, but it feels weird in 8th. I'm used to relying on static combat resolution in 8th.

Check the brb faq for 40k. It will be the second page down vector strike rule. The question now is if whether or not a character takes the randomly allocated wound, does he get a look out sir?

Yeah, that's how it works for vector strike. It doesn't necessarily work that way for anything that has similar special rules. Necron Command barges, Reaver jetbikes, DE vehicles with chains, screamers, etc. (am I missing anything?). None of those (to my knowledge) have any clarification on who takes the wounds. Vector strike sets a precedent, but is also a scenario described only in that one special rule.

I think the confusion stems from this. Some people play it the way vector strike works, some people play it allocate starting with the closest to the landing position for simplicity's sake. There is no answer and no consensus. But the way vector strike works is exactly the kind of needlessly complex, yet half-assed rules writing that GW is known for.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.