Star Wars Legion launch weekend

Wiccus

Hey guys. Just letting everyone know about the launch weekend activities down at DT. We are doing a painting competition, learn to play and challenge duels. I will be running demos most of the day Saturday and Sunday. If you're curious about the game then come check it out.

• Like 2

Ran a bunch of demos and they sold a ton of product but participation in the activities was basically non existent. Think it might be that it was right at release and also because Bellingham sucks for events. We have some of the least motivated gamers around. I will be running the escalation league soon though. There seemed to be a bunch of interested people

16 hours ago, Wiccus said:

Ran a bunch of demos and they sold a ton of product but participation in the activities was basically non existent. Think it might be that it was right at release and also because Bellingham sucks for events. We have some of the least motivated gamers around. I will be running the escalation league soon though. There seemed to be a bunch of interested people

What sort of format will you be doing for the league? It looks like the core set can put together around 500 points. Maybe something like:

Week 1: Learn to Play Scenarios
Week 2: 500 point lists
Week 3: 600
Week 4: 700
Week 5: 800

Is that longer than you're thinking of doing it? I'm tentatively interested...

17 hours ago, Yarbicus said:

How is the game?

Haven't played a full 800pt game yet but I really like it so far. Finally get to live my dream of star wars 40k. The system is simple and elegant but it seems to have a good deal of depth with list building and play when you add objectives.

4 hours ago, smashthedean said:

What sort of format will you be doing for the league? It looks like the core set can put together around 500 points. Maybe something like:

Week 1: Learn to Play Scenarios
Week 2: 500 point lists
Week 3: 600
Week 4: 700
Week 5: 800

Is that longer than you're thinking of doing it? I'm tentatively interested...

Im unsure of how it will run. DT will be getting a recruitment kit soon which has rules for running an escalation league. There will be standard alt art cards and painting certificates but I don't know how play will escalate from week to week. I will know more when the store gets the kit in.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.