computer RPG voice chat question

Not sure what to title this one, but that's about it.

So, in those MMORPGs I often have trouble role playing when we use voice chat. I think others have difficulty too. So, was wondering, we have apps that change speech to text, and we have apps that change text to speech, could we run both so everything you said would come out in a different voice?

Then, at the level it becomes text, we have a limited vocabulary of accepted words. Like a dictionary or spell check, but unique to the game. It doesn't text to speech the words that don't count, or those using bad grammar to the game's rules on such. This could filter out bad words, but could also be used to filter out setting inappropriate words or phrases.

And at this point, talking to NPCs should be easier, since the total conversations are limited, the NPCs can actually be programed to respond.

The goal, more or less, would be to make a very immersive RPG, where you couldn't really tell NPCs apart from PCs. And, furthermore, the PCs and NPCs actually sounded like they were the characters that they are.

Can this be done?

9 minutes ago, Frostitute said:

I have the same problem role playing a straight Caucasian male.

I tend to have a softer voice, and I attributed this to my dad working, so more time around mom. I realized recently that I talk a lot like my dad, and I recalled that he was raised by a single mother.  The voice he would try to mimic in development would be his mothers, and he has a softer voice.

Not that I'm claiming to be straight, Caucasian, or male.

• Like 1