Looking for friendly 40k game - 04/30 or 05/01 (Wed/Thurs)

dalmer

Hello there,

Looking for a friendly game of 40k with the following parameters:

*  either at my place (Birch Bay area) or at Dark Tower Games

*  1000 points... call me old school but I start with foundational concepts and work up from there

*  patient opponent who is willing to help me with the ruleset

What I will bring other than 40k materials:

*  a positive attitude

*  good sportsmanship

*  patience and appreciation for your efforts and willingness to play "the new guy"

*  my 13 year old son Dawson if he wants to watch and/or be my teammate

*  years of experience with 40k, just not with 6th edition.  So I know a little bit

On either day I am available most times, as they're my days off and I do not have overtime or court scheduled.  Disclaimer:  my job is unpredictable so I reserve the right to last-minute cancel or flat-out leave during the game in the case of a SWAT callout.  I obviously will do my best to avoid either and to communicate to my opponent.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks and stay safe,

don

• Like 1

See, I'm also thinking that if my opponent answered his phone real quick and stated, "I must go. The SWAT team needs me." I'd chalk that up to a badass enough reason to leave that I'd be happy.

EDIT: Also meant to say that I love teaching people to play, but unfortunately don't know if I could convince my wife to watch the baby for awhile. We shall see though.

• Like 1

LOL Jayne_Cobbb I guess that's one way to get the forfeit!  Although I'm sure if/when you play you'll see that although "victory conditions" and such are part of the game, I personally consider my local gaming circle to be peers, mentors, confidants, friends and such.  Thus, for me it's all about learning, strategizing, gaining perspective and being a worthwhile part of some folks' gaming lives!

Hobbitron, thanks for checking but obviously don't rock the boat at home.  My work schedule has firmed up and I have 4-day and 5-day blocks of days off in a row.  Thus, I will have plenty of time to schedule games and as long as no one minds I plan on just tossing out weekly "who wants to play" posts on the Warhamster forums.  If it works out, awesome.  If it doesn't work out schedule wise, there's always the week after that, etc.

Thanks for the replies, gentlemen... very welcoming.

Stay safe,

don

Hello there,

Hobbitron, let's plan for WEDNESDAY THE 30TH at 6:30pm, then.  1000 points should make for a quick, tidy game to boot.  Thank you for wanting to play and I will put it on the calendar.  Dawson said he would like to come along, so FYI.

generalripperhook, sadly I can't make it down on THURSDAY THE 1ST until after Dawson gets home from school at 3:30pm.  Holler if later works better.

Jayne_Cobbb, if you'd like to play on WEDNESDAY at 4:00pm, we could do that.  Or on THURSDAY at 4:00pm or later, lemme know.

Thanks folks, I'll do my best to do a correct army list during the next few days.

Stay safe,

don

Hello there,

This post bump is a friendly reminder that on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 30th at 1830 hours I have a scheduled 40k game of 1000 points with HOBBITRON.

Also, on THURSDAY, MAY 1st at 1600 hours I have a scheduled 40k game of 1000 points with JAYNE_COBBB.

My apologies in advance that my models will not be completely painted or built but their game footprints will be intact.  I worked on all four days off but on the upside I got my army list completed!

Stay safe and Dawson and I are very much looking forward to the games!

don

• Like 1

Hey Don, sorry to do this, but I have to cancel. About to take my wife to the ER. It's nothing super serious, but something that needs attention sooner rather than later (in case anyone is worried). But, won't be able to make the game. I'd love to try another time assuming my wife's body doesn't attempt to thwart me again!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.