Imperial Knight list help

Last_Bullet

Knights
AF

Aaron Farmer

To:
Aaron Farmer
Mon 12/7/2020 10:33 AM

Hello all.  Long time lurker here and I am looking for some input with my Imperial Knights list.  Im not looking for a competitive list (I just play pickup games) but I am aiming to win the games I play 😊

I make all my armies for 2k points.  Right now I am at 1850 and am wondering what others think I should do with the leftover points.  I am sold on 3 bigs and 3 littles (for objective holding)

I am going house Terryn but mostly because I like their color scheme and I bought a Knight right when they first came out and it has a battle cannon (the Terryn relic makes the battle cannon much better).  The Gallant could be changed out and I have no carapace weapons yet.

So should I just slap carapace weapons on everything?  Is a run straight ahead Gallant "good" on this list?  Should I spend 2 more CP and bring some guard or marines in to hold objectives?  Is 6 CP “enough” for Knights?

++ Super-Heavy Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) ++

Household Choice: Questor Imperialis

House Terryn: Household Tradition: Gallant Warriors

+ Stratagems [-4CP] +

Exalted Court [-1CP]: Exalted Court: 1 Extra Warlord Trait [-1CP]

Heirlooms of the Household [-3CP]: Heirlooms of the Household: 2 Extra Heirlooms [-3CP]

+ Lord of War [99 PL, 1,850pts] +

Armiger Helverins [27 PL, 525pts]

. Armiger Helverin [9 PL, 175pts]: 2x Armiger Autocannon, Heavy Stubber [5pts]

Knight Crusader [26 PL, 475pts]: Character (Knight Lance), Heavy Stubber [5pts], Thermal Cannon [75pts], Titanic Feet, Warlord, Warlord Trait: Ion Bulwark (4+ Invul)

Avenger Gatling Cannon w/ Heavy Flamer: Avenger Gatling Cannon, Heavy Flamer

Knight Gallant [22 PL, 400pts]: Character (Exalted Court), Character (Heirloom of the House), Heavy Stubber [5pts], Heirloom: Armour of the Sainted Ion (2+ armor save), Reaper Chainsword [30pts], Thunderstrike gauntlet [35pts], Titanic Feet, Warlord Trait: Knight Seneschal (+1 Attack)

Knight Paladin [24 PL, 450pts]: Character (Heirloom of the House), Heavy Stubber [5pts], Heirloom (Terryn): Thunder of Voltoris (Str 9 more shots), Reaper Chainsword [30pts], Titanic Feet

Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber [105pts]: Heavy Stubber [5pts], Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon [100pts]

++ Total: [99 PL, 4CP, 1,850pts] ++

I came up with this as a possible addition.

Very small force that can maybe do an action or get engage or hold a rear objective.

It might also be able to assassinate 1 key target if their screening falls apart.

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [9 PL, 150pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime [3 PL, 40pts]: Frag & Krak grenades, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Troops +

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 65pts]
. 2x Scion: 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma gun
. Scion w/ Special Weapon: Frag & Krak grenades, Plasma gun
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Hot-shot Laspistol

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 45pts]
. 4x Scion: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Hot-shot Lasgun
. Tempestor: Chainsword, Frag & Krak grenades, Hot-shot Laspistol

++ Total: [9 PL, 150pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

15 minutes ago, Inquisitor66 said:

I might also consider a callidus assassin for your current force.  Their ability to harm the enemy cp might make it harder to alpha down a knight, and you could flex her into a culexus if you fight heavy psykers. 

Not sure what to do with the extra 50 pts.

Ugh. Just realized knights cant take assasins without another force. 

You need to add a Patrol of some kind, like with those Scions. But once that’s done, the Agents of the Imperium special rule will kick in:

[quote]
AGENT OF THE IMPERIUM

If your army is Battle-forged, you can include 1 AGENT OF THE IMPERIUM unit in each IMPERIUM (excluding FALLEN) Patrol, Battalion and Brigade Detachment in your army without those units taking up slots in those Detachments.[/quote]