Display Boards

So is there any good four s or videos or evn some good experiences here that can help me with making a pretty large mountain for a display board? I am attempting to have a rocky hillside with a Lizardman temple on top. I am going to attempt to have a waterfall or 2 coming out of it, or maybe a lava flow. Any help would be great. Thanks a million

The first thing I do is assemble the army and arrange the army how I want them to end up on the finished board. Then mark out the footprints of all the bases and move trays. It saves a lot of time to commit to this first rather than having to make changes later so everything fits. Once you know where the troops are going to be you know how much room you need to fill with other elements. 

Next thing to consider is materials. I find that keeping things as light as possible is best. Mainly because the heavier your board is the more likely it is to break. I like posterboard and insulation foam for the main structure. But anything that is very lightweight should work well. You can do beautiful work with metal, wood and plaster but I find that they lead to many chips and scratches over time.