6/29 Ordo Fanaticus Game Night at W.O.W. Thursday 5pm - 10pm

ImperialTrooper

THE PLACE

Location: 717 SE Main St. Portland OR 97214 (map) - Around the corner from Kokiyo Teriyaki and up the stairs. Cost to play games is $8 for Ordo Members, $3 for Ordo Warlord Champions, and FREE for Emperors! As always, your first Game Night is FREE! 

THE MISSION

If you're looking to game we will be here. Opting to lay low? Stay home and stay safe, we'll catch you next time.

THE GAMES

Games we play: All, with focus on Warhammer 40k, Kill Team, Bloodbowl, Necromunda, board games and more.

While it is possible to find a pickup game at Game Night, it is much better to pre-arrange a game before coming downNew players are always welcome, feel free to stop by and check it out.

GAME NIGHT EXPECTATIONS

If the pandemic has taught us anything, it’s taught us we don’t need more stress in our lives. As a result, Ordo is expecting an even greater level of friendliness and fellowship at Game Night than our normal high expectations. Please be aware that as always, the Czar has the ability to ask a player to leave if the Czar feels it necessary. Games are meant to be enjoyed, so let’s have fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

I'll be looking for some casual 10th Ed 40k - ie please no El Lion, Guilliman, Wraithknights, etc. 🙂

Also happy to play End Of 8th/9th Ed 40k for those of us who still like those versions!

Hey, it's me, your local admech player. From what people are saying, my codex makes me incapable of putting together a competitive list. Up to 2k now though!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SixCoal said:

Hey, it's me, your local admech player. From what people are saying, my codex makes me incapable of putting together a competitive list. Up to 2k now though!

Funny to finally have our showdown now that we're both firing bean-bag rounds. And sounds great - I haven't seen turn 4 & 5 for two editions !!!

• Like 1

Looking to bring 2000 of Necrons for a second ever 10th 40k game.  I can leave my house around 5, but traffic will probably be terrible, so might not arrive until 5:45 or later.  If an opponent has a slight time constraint but arrives first and sets up terrain, I can deploy fast and get rolling without holding us up much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebsalump said:

Hi! I’d love to come. Somewhat inexperienced Custodes player who’ll have 1000pts with me after work tomorrow and would love to play. New to the club as well but Y’all seem super nice! Wouldn’t be there till ~530 or so likely.

I will cut out half of my list and drop to 1000 points.  If you get there first, it looks like plenty of experienced people will be there to hang out and help set up.  

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 6:07 AM, Blustorm said:

I'm planning on being there. I'd be up for a game of Kill Team, provided I can start a game by 5 or 5:30pm. Otherwise, I'll just hang out for a few hours. 🙂

I think I can be there a little past 5:30 depending on traffic after work! I’m still learning the game if that’s cool with you

13 hours ago, Hodor said:

I will cut out half of my list and drop to 1000 points.  If you get there first, it looks like plenty of experienced people will be there to hang out and help set up.  

Thank You! I've got enough built at home for 2k games but figured I should start a bit smaller to get the hang of things.

36 minutes ago, jebsalump said:

Thank You! I've got enough built at home for 2k games but figured I should start a bit smaller to get the hang of things.

I'm OK either way.  Here's what I would say.  If you are concerned about time and or forgetting rules, how many distinct datasheets are you using?  I've played against Custodes in 9th (actually never beaten them) and have a general idea of what they are like in 10th.  One joke is whenever my opponent picked up the book I said, don't look at the hit roll...it is 2+...

If you have 1 of each datasheet in the Index and need to look up what the movement is on each forgeworld dread, special "terminator" and every vehicle has a different weapon...ok 1000 is better. 

If your 2000 point list is adding only a few more datasheets and most stuff is using the same weapons, it doesn't really matter.  My 2000 point list adds TWO new weapon profiles over my 1000 point list for example.  This doesn't apply to other armies, but Custodes and Necrons have a shallow unit pool unless you are going deep on forge world.

18 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I'm OK either way.  Here's what I would say.  If you are concerned about time and or forgetting rules, how many distinct datasheets are you using?  I've played against Custodes in 9th (actually never beaten them) and have a general idea of what they are like in 10th.  One joke is whenever my opponent picked up the book I said, don't look at the hit roll...it is 2+...

If you have 1 of each datasheet in the Index and need to look up what the movement is on each forgeworld dread, special "terminator" and every vehicle has a different weapon...ok 1000 is better. 

If your 2000 point list is adding only a few more datasheets and most stuff is using the same weapons, it doesn't really matter.  My 2000 point list adds TWO new weapon profiles over my 1000 point list for example.  This doesn't apply to other armies, but Custodes and Necrons have a shallow unit pool unless you are going deep on forge world.

That’s actually a really good point. 
I found some time to stop by and grab the rest of my points so yeah I’ll bring 2000. Thank you for kind of the confidence boost and the talk through 🙂

Especially Because I’ve got my index sheets printed out handy and all of my little reminders for my armor already printed out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snickermon717 said:

I think I can be there a little past 5:30 depending on traffic after work! I’m still learning the game if that’s cool with you

Sounds good. I'll have a table setup and ready when you arrive. 

PS I have to leave by 8pm, so we'll need to wrap up by 7:45 or so, regardless of what turn we are on.