Machines that Kill: Unbound Khorne

Maelstrom, the first one where you always keep your hand at 3 Cards. It was kind of weird, because we both ended up mostly getting the ones from the second half of the deck. We each only scored 2 of those Points from actually controlling Objectives.

Part of the reason I got so overstretched in Turn two was because I was trying to wipe out 6 Units to get the d3+3 for No Prisoners, but missing with all four Melta shots I had, plus failing two out of 5 Charges put the kibosh on that. Still got 3VP for it by wiping a Drop Pod, 2 Combat Squads, and a Librarian, but unfortunately, the two Units I failed to Charge that Turn ended up causing me some serious problems later in the Game, and then Kharne turned into a Spawn :P

It was a lot of fun tho, we're planning on defaulting to Maelstrom for a while at least. As was my gut feeling, we each got a number of unfeasible or impossible Objectives over the course of the Game, but it was never really lopsided, and neither of us ever had a Turn where there was nothing we could potentially score. If it starts being more of a problem, we may houserule the drawing system a bit, but so far we liked it.

• Like 1