Kharne

7 Berzerkers, 2 Chain-Axes, Icon of Wrath, Powerfist

2x1 Mutilator, Mark of Khorne

5 Spawn, Mark of Khorne

3xMaulerFiend
Land Raider, Dozer Blade, Destroyer Blades

Helfist Mayhem Pack, 3xHelbrute, MM/HF

14 Flesh Hounds

I've got a couple of ideas for how to make it Battle Forged, but I'd really like to be able to run all three of my MaulerFiend conversions plus the Land Raider full of Berzerkers. And finding a Herald to match my old-school Bloodletters would be a pain, so I'd either have to drop the Khorne Dogs or scrape out a ton of Points to get a DP or Bloodthirster.

• Like 4

Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Blind Fury, 4++, Meltabombs

Kharne

7 Berzerkers, 2 Chain-Axes, Icon of Wrath, Powerfist

2x1 Mutilator, Mark of Khorne

5 Spawn, Mark of Khorne

3xMaulerFiend

Helfist Mayhem Pack, 3xHelbrute, MM/HF

14 Flesh Hounds

I've got a couple of ideas for how to make it Battle Forged, but I'd really like to be able to run all three of my MaulerFiend conversions plus the Land Raider full of Berzerkers. And finding a Herald to match my old-school Bloodletters would be a pain, so I'd either have to drop the Khorne Dogs or scrape out a ton of Points to get a DP or Bloodthirster.

Discounting the Flesh Hounds, it would actually be quite easy to make this into a Battleforged list- by allying CSM and either Crimson's Laughter or Black Legion, you could get the four HS slots you need. You would need to add two Troop units, however, since currently you only have the one.

Dropping the Khorne Dogs, you should have enough points for a unit of ten CSM with MoK, two meltaguns, and a Rhino. (You want to go BP/CCW, natch.) You would then need to scrape up 70pts for a unit of Cultists (presumably with MoK to match your other units), which I would recommend dropping a Mutilator and the Destroyer Blades/Chainaxes for. That might actually be enough points to afford a minimum unit of CSM with MoK, I haven't crunched the numbers exactly.

• Like 1

Discounting the Flesh Hounds, it would actually be quite easy to make this into a Battleforged list- by allying CSM and either Crimson's Laughter or Black Legion, you could get the four HS slots you need. You would need to add two Troop units, however, since currently you only have the one.

Dropping the Khorne Dogs, you should have enough points for a unit of ten CSM with MoK, two meltaguns, and a Rhino. (You want to go BP/CCW, natch.) You would then need to scrape up 70pts for a unit of Cultists (presumably with MoK to match your other units), which I would recommend dropping a Mutilator and the Destroyer Blades/Chainaxes for. That might actually be enough points to afford a minimum unit of CSM with MoK, I haven't crunched the numbers exactly.

That list is in the Monty Python expansion right. :biggrin: Sorry couldn't resist.

• Like 1

I could do it, yeah, but the other reason I went Unbound is that I find the CSM Troops Choices to mostly be not only lacking, but more importantly, boring, in a list like this. They can work OK in a more balanced or firepower-centric list, or one that's going for a slow grinding assault (zombies), but Assault Units in Rhinos are frustrating, and Culties feel, idk, kinda meta-gamey, like they're just there to fill the requirement and hold Objectives, not something that would actually be keeping up with this mess of bloodthirsty speed freaks.

Also, if my Mechano-Spawn Conversions seriously aren't coming along well in the next week or so, I may well swap them out and drop a couple of bits to put in a Hades Helldrake, because that would be more in line with the theme than regular Spawn, and it gives me some semblance of Anti-Air.

EDIT: Also just realized, I should totally figure out a way to put a Warpsmith in here.

• Like 1

Chaos Lord, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Blind Fury, 4++, Meltabombs
Kharne

Warpsmith, Mark of Khorne, Combi-Melta

6 Berzerkers, 2 Chainaxes, Icon of Wrath, Powerfist

Helldrake, Hades Autocannon

3xMaulerFiend

Helfist Mayhem Pack, 3xHelbrute, Multi-Meltas, 2 have Heavy Flamer

15 Flesh Hounds

There we go, got the Warpsmith in, and cuts way down on what I still have to convert/paint. Plus now all the multi-model Units (after ICs have Joined) come to multiples of 8, and I have 8 war machines, and a total model count that's a multiple of 8.

Oh, before I get too far into building them, I should probably ask: Does anyone mind if I have my Flesh Hounds on 40mm round bases (like every other 40K Beast Unit I can think of), rather than the 25x50mm square Fantasy bases? I hate the way it looks having some square bases mixed into a 40K Army.

Got a chance to play this Sunday. I dropped the Helldrake for some Spawn because I realized that the Daemon Rules don't let the Chaos Lord Join the Khorne Dogs*. Lost 9-11 to a moderately solid UM force, but it was still a fun game, and despite a bad Turn 2 (I put too much priority on screening the Land Raider from his Podded Units, and that left some of my guys with overly-long Charges. Which they failed.), I was in it until things really fell apart on Turn 6. The low Unit/Model count, combined with the high speed and short range means that it plays really fast, which I really like, and it's quick to get to the point where I'm punching stuff in the face :D

Also, good lord Land Raiders are tough now.

*This also, I think, makes it a bit easier to match up, since there's more of the Army that basic Weapons can hurt instead of all the Bolter dudes just sitting there staring at a wall of AV12.