So much for playing Vampire Counts

Took a quick gander of the list. Not impressed. I don't have the main rulebook yet due to shipping delays, so I'm not sure how good regen is. But even still, it just seems like an extra way to remove wounds given. Only necromancer have any chance or restoring wounds. And the 10+ spell of raise dead is about as useful as a poop flavored lollipop. 2d3 zombies??? for real. Please someone tell me the application for that. On average, 4 whole zombies. oooooooo they are so scary. Its a [big bad swear word]ing joke. Seriously...it has to be. No one will take that useless pile of crap. Just...wow.

We'll have to see how survivable they are since they have so little to bring back models now. It just looks they got to some units or rules and said...eh...its good enough. The black coach for example...it says in its description that it gets more powerful as the battle goes on...but has no rules at all that do that. Its just a really expensive chariot that doles out S3 hits. look out!

Not professing doom and gloom....but disappointed with some directions they went.

A Regeneration save is stated as “A model with this special rule can make a ‘Regeneration’ save. The armour value of a Regeneration save is shown in brackets after the name of this special rule (shown here as ‘X+’). A Regeneration save can never be modified by the AP characteristic of a weapon and can be made in addition to an armour save and a Ward save. However, any wounds saved by a Regeneration save are still counted for purposes of calculating the combat result.” But are you wondering about the spell?

42 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

Took a quick gander of the list. Not impressed. I don't have the main rulebook yet due to shipping delays, so I'm not sure how good regen is. But even still, it just seems like an extra way to remove wounds given. Only necromancer have any chance or restoring wounds. And the 10+ spell of raise dead is about as useful as a poop flavored lollipop. 2d3 zombies??? for real. Please someone tell me the application for that. On average, 4 whole zombies. oooooooo they are so scary. Its a [big bad swear word]ing joke. Seriously...it has to be. No one will take that useless pile of crap. Just...wow.

We'll have to see how survivable they are since they have so little to bring back models now. It just looks they got to some units or rules and said...eh...its good enough. The black coach for example...it says in its description that it gets more powerful as the battle goes on...but has no rules at all that do that. Its just a really expensive chariot that doles out S3 hits. look out!

Not professing doom and gloom....but disappointed with some directions they went.

Regen is like a ward save except against flame attacks. There are spells and some special abilities and by pass regen saves.  basically a poor mans ward save. As how magic works you can only dispell if your in range 1 or 2 lvl mages 18" 3 and 4 24".  As for skeletons its good to give them light armor and shields, there is not strength mod to armor saves it build into the weapon its really rare to see -3 and uncommon to see -2 and -1 is usually has things like armor bane(1) so you need to get a 6 to get the -1 or -2.  Basically the reduced armor save mods and then reduced armor saves of cav, no more 1+ save empire knights. There are 2+ but those are things like Grail knights and Inner Circle Knights.  I have not played yet so take everything I say with that in mind. haha