Mordheim start up

So Im at work but spending a lot of time looking over rules and stuff. I messed up in two areas:

It says rerolls may be used for battle and exploration, but nothing about injuries. Of course last nights rolls should stand, but how should we play this moving forward?

I didnt realize that you can only get one exploration result. Youre supposed to take the highest result, apparently. For instance, if I rolled three 2's and two sixes, I would take the three 2's as its a better result. So last night I got two results, each giving me 1d6 gold. Im going to discard the gold from the lesser of the two events, the corpse I found.

One more thing: henchmen can never go up in a skill twice. So a henchman starting with 3 WS can only ever get up to 4 WS.

Maybe Rhuntar could verify these things, that Im getting this right?

I didnt realize that you can only get one exploration result. Youre supposed to take the highest result, apparently. For instance, if I rolled three 2's and two sixes, I would take the three 2's as its a better result. So last night I got two results, each giving me 1d6 gold. Im going to discard the gold from the lesser of the two events, the corpse I found.

One more thing: henchmen can never go up in a skill twice. So a henchman starting with 3 WS can only ever get up to 4 WS.

Maybe Rhuntar could verify these things, that Im getting this right?

You're right on both of these, as far as I know.

• Like 1

My warband after the first game (I'll edit in some names, and new purchases, etc this weekend at the latest...)

Roderick von Farhof

Captain - armed with Sword, Shield and Helmet

22 exp

Leo Seiber

Champion - armed with Two-Handed Sword

9 exp

Freidrich Alder

Champion - armed with Sword and Bow,

9 exp

Kurt Maler

Youngblood - armed with two daggers

2 exp - +1 Initiative

Ernst Krupp

Youngblood - armed with Spear

Alder's Archers

4 Marksmen - armed with Bows and daggers

1 xp

The Duelists of Farhof

2 Swordsmen- armed with two swords

1 xp

4 shards sold for 65 + 18 gold left over from creation = 83 gold to spend

Purchases: 5 rope and hooks-1 for each hero

1 more marksmen for the group at a cost of 37 (25 for the dude, 10 for the bow, 2 for the 1 xp)

2 swords for kurt the Youngblood.

Leaves me 1gc in the bank.

For my Returning the Favor the group has hired Marianne Altenblum, a scorceress (warlock). She'll need to roll up 2 spells at the start of the game.

Warband rating is 126

• Like 1

Heres my warband. Ill note where any level ups or anything.

Captain with sword

Champion with 2-hand weap and xbow

Leveled up with +1 WS

Champion with halberd and xbow

Youngblood w/xbow

Youngblood w/xbow

2 duellists w/sword and pistol

2 marksmen with longbows

With leftover money, exploration, and selling four wyrdstone Ive ended up with 77 gold. I think I will hire a cleric for 55 and buy some climbing hooks and or a couple extra daggers for the youngbloods. I may pass the crossbow from one of the champs off to the captain, not sure.

Great game last night, even if I got trounced. William needed that win after last weeks game, hes back on track.

Im torn about the [big bad swear word]ty cleric I bought, I rolled the worst spells, though he has two wounds (which I forgot last night), so I may keep him. Still, 15 a game upkeep is painful.

My youngblood now has quick shot, so two crossbow shots a round, though still at bs3. And my halberd champ causes fear now, which is cool.

My warband leader has to miss next game.

Rhuntar, what happened to the guy who took d6 wounds?

Im looking forward to next week!

Rhuntar, what happened to the guy who took d6 wounds?

Im looking forward to next week!

Sorry guys. I was camping in the woods this past week.

My results from last week...

Captain is missing the next game. Kurt the Youngblood gained a skill, but took d6 wounds. The wounds made him miss 1 game, cause fear and loose 1 M.

My swordsman gained +1S and my marksmen got +1I

See you guys tonight

-jeffrey

Hey guys, would it be better for anyone to start at 6 or 630? I get up around 5, so if I could finish at 9 it would be a little easier on me, though I don't know what your schedules are Jeffrey and Christian. I can manage the 730 start OK though. I know William is fine either way. This might also help considering we haven't finished most of the matches we start!

Any input on tonight's scenario? I think Occupy could be a fun one for those of us who are entirely shooty. It'll make us have to do a little melee. And it's just a fun match. 

I still have to do my guys' experience and all that.