So! ...7e...How YOU doin'? I'm back

Raak

I played a doubble header of 7e 40k today and despite my recent claims that I was swearing off organized 40k for the time being I have to say that I'm recanting it all here and now. Daddy's back 7e. I missed you. [big bad swear word] you Tactical objectives go chop some wood for the damn stove. Now, where was I? Ah yes, being back.

The problem, you see, turned out to be mostly me. I wanted more from my 3 hour time investment than I was getting but what I failed to see was that the importance you give 40k in your life is determined by much more than just your love for the hobby, a love of playing or winning or even some unknowable combination of the above; It is determined by what you want from 40k.

I wanted the wrong things from 40k. Now I don't. I won't go into it all here, but basically I do think that the game is playable on both a garage and GT level though they obviously require different mentalities. For the old hands this is probably not news but for the new kids on the block it takes a while to suss out the learning curve in this game and while it doesn't hold my #1 game of all time spot I still love me some 40k - enough to play at least twice a week and that says a lot.

Looking forward to playing some 40k with ya'll.

...and some Infinity too - Lord knows I got bit by that bug harder than a half-starved bedbug goin' at a hefty hillock of flesh.

and while we're on skirmish - who's up for a kill team game? - garage or FLGS.

• Like 1

At the very least, I am excited for the return of stream-of-consciousness posting from you that yields such constant gems.

Also, play Infinity.  Infinity owns bones.  I played Infinity against Nathan last night.  Dudes and robots were getting run down by panicky cars all over the place.  Don't trust Nathan.  He will drop pirates on your neckbones from space, gleefully.  Full of glee.

P.S.  What's kill team?

Forty-K skirmish, boss.  Small, short games.
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.