My Sanctified Chaos list

I'm not looking for a point total here, this is just the list I am putting together. I am going for theme here not tactics or the best use of points. You'll know what I mean if you know the Sanctified Army. Everything in the army is related either to Khorne or to Daemons. The Rhinos have the Daemon ability. I don't have the book in front of me so I can't remember what it's called. 

HQ 

Khorne Lord on a Juggernaut

Daemon Prince

TROOPS

8 Berserkers in a Chaos Rhino

10 Sanctified Space Marines in A Chaos Rhino with Powerfist Champion and two Melta guns

10 Sanctified Space Marines in A Chaos Rhino with Powerfist Champion and two Melta guns

ELITES

10 Possessed 

FAST

2 Helldrakes with Baleflamers

6 Khorne Bikers

HEAVY

Chaos Land Raider

Forgefiend with Ectoplasma Cannons

Forgefiend with Ectoplasma Cannons

I kind of want to go with Maulerfiends since my original goal was an assault based army but I made one sacrifice tactics and gave the army some more armor punch with the ectoplasma. What do you think? Can anyone make this better while still sticking with theme, Daemons and Khorne? P.S. I know that Predators are better for the points than the Forgefiends. I like how the fiends make the army look on the table, even at armor 12.

Vehicle upgrade your thinking of is daemonic possession, which super expensive, but doesn't actually add the Daemon USR :sad:. Instead, it grants 2+ denial of stunned and shaken, while lowering BS to 3 and allowing the rhino to "heal" by devouring it's transported unit (one model at a time). The "healing" ability applies at the start of the game to any embarked unit, even if the rhino doesn't need to heal, plus once every time a unit embarks on it.

I find the upgrade highly questionable on a transport.

I think you'll actually get better anti-Armour results from a pair of MaulerFiends than ForgeFiends. I've found Forgies to be very underwhelming, while Maulers are just great in a list like this where there's plenty of other fast stuff pushing up as well to mess with Target Priority.

I'd also include some Spawn for the JuggerLord to ride with.

• Like 1

I think you'll actually get better anti-Armour results from a pair of MaulerFiends than ForgeFiends. I've found Forgies to be very underwhelming, while Maulers are just great in a list like this where there's plenty of other fast stuff pushing up as well to mess with Target Priority.

I'd also include some Spawn for the JuggerLord to ride with.

Actually I was thinking the same thing. The only reason I did Forge over Mauler was the lack of high powered shooting in the army. I may go back to Mauler for the reasons you mention and I think it just fits my theme more. 

Actually I was thinking the same thing. The only reason I did Forge over Mauler was the lack of high powered shooting in the army. I may go back to Mauler for the reasons you mention and I think it just fits my theme more. 

The demolisher is the one you want, if looking for reliable high powered shooting. A land raider or predator also works. Not sure if against theme, but you could also include a building for AT. That Aquilla Strongpoint would be wonderful. The Khorne Lord of skulls, while super expensive, is actually one of the better escalation units that isn't horribly broken.

If allies are permitted for your theme, finding the points to get a blood thirster would be wise. Way better than a prince for khorne. Bloodletters aren't bad either, presenting an inexpensive power weapon option. Soulgrinders aren't half bad, either, and those actually have a skyfire weapon.