Opinions on trukks.

busbina

To be fair, all those games were in 5th edition, when I think my list and my skills were much better.  I've only gotten two games in with the new Orks.  (about to get another game in today!) 

So, I'm armchairing here as much as anyone, really.  

I tend to bloviate a lot on Ordo because I know most of those folks here, but I'd never present myself as an expert at 40k anymore like I did on such a public platform like Blood of Kittens like I did previously.  

To be fair, all those games were in 5th edition, when I think my list and my skills were much better.  I've only gotten two games in with the new Orks.  (about to get another game in today!) 

So, I'm armchairing here as much as anyone, really.  

I tend to bloviate a lot on Ordo because I know most of those folks here, but I'd never present myself as an expert at 40k anymore like I did on such a public platform like Blood of Kittens like I did previously.  

Fair enough.  I dont think all that skill goes out the window with new codex's, but thats an opinion I suppose.

Good luck on the game.  Report Immediately! 

Ironically I had a similar game tonight in some ways.

In my second of two games, I played against Sisters of Battle.  He has an EXCELLENT list that I FULLY intend to steal ideas from.  I seized also. 

Due to miscalculating the threat of his deathstar, forgetting my pain token total and not pulling my jet in from reserve (fer serious) I paid a heavy toll.  At games end after seven brutal rounds though I had the 20-15 advantage.  Here's the kicker.  The only thing I had left on the board was a wounded Urien Rakarth and 2 Grotesques in his squad.  Nothing else on the board.  Nothing for miles but wreckage and them sitting on objective 3.

Maelstrom is SO awesome!  Even when you're getting your butt handed to you, you can make a comeback.  I dished it pretty good and had to get REALLY willing not to fire and take risks at times, but the Dark Eldar are simply unparalleled in the speed department and that kept me in it long ewnough to prevail when conventional weapons could not!