Rules questions..

A few new ones came up in our game.

First, opponent declared a multi-charge on two of my units, with the further one being the primary target. Opponent rolled high on charge distance and decided to not engage the secondary target at all. Claimed he couldn't reach the second target and keep the most models in b2b and be in coherency. Never come up before. This legal?

Second, Opponent declared a charge against a unit behind one of my units. They decided to only target that unit. Their charge left the unit in front completely surrounded on all sides, but not engaged, with enemy models within an inch, but no touching. This left the model unable to move in the movement phase. This legal?

Third and last, Vortex weapons, how do they work with look out sir? Been trying to cast Vortex of doom, just 'cause with my GK, but then I go thinking I wasn't sure how it works.

As I read it, it's two steps. First, D weapon hits to all in the small blast. Resolved like barrage, with look out sir as normal. Second bit is weird, as the template stays and becomes impassible. Unclear with this second bit, what happens to models under the template that aren't killed, either due to invulnerable save or look out sir. Suggestions?

I know the first one is legit. You don't actually have to engage a secondary Unit in a Multi-Charge, but they'll still get to fire Overwatch. In fact, if he ends up with enough movement, it's possible that it's actually illegal for him to engage the secondary Unit, which is what it sounds like happened here. No Model can go BtB with a Model in the secondary if it can get BtB with a Model in the primary, and if he doesn't have enough dudes to chain back to keep coherency, he won't be able to legally move one BtB with someone from the secondary.

I've never seen the second one happen, but as far as I can tell, it's also legit. When making a Charge, you can move within 1" of any Enemy Models, not just the ones in the Unit you're Charging, and depending on how the Pile In Moves went, the situation you describe could well arise.

Third one, I have no idea.

On the first one yes, remember that declaring the charge allows all targets (whether engaged or not) to fire over watch. Also the charge is disordered regardless of actual engagement. So I don't see a benefit but multi charges fail to multi quite often...

Second one technically yes but with pile in moves I don't see this happening... Also pretty dick move but this is supposed to be kinda war :)

Third one, not touching sorry.

Third and last, Vortex weapons, how do they work with look out sir? Been trying to cast Vortex of doom, just 'cause with my GK, but then I go thinking I wasn't sure how it works.

As I read it, it's two steps. First, D weapon hits to all in the small blast. Resolved like barrage, with look out sir as normal. Second bit is weird, as the template stays and becomes impassible. Unclear with this second bit, what happens to models under the template that aren't killed, either due to invulnerable save or look out sir. Suggestions?

For the first two questions, they are legal- unusual, but legal.

For the third, Vortex weapons are a bit weird; I think the general assumption is that models inside the zone are allowed to leave, assuming they survive, but models otherwise cannot enter (even types that normally would be able to land on top of it, like skimmers and jump packs.)