Skitarii rad-saturation

ICs are considered to be part of the Unit they've Joined, so yes, they would also suffer the Toughness Penalty.

I mean, if I attach an IC to the unit with that special rule, does the IC suffer the toughness penalty. I did look up the IC rules and, as quoted, seems like attached ICs wouldn't if attached to the rad unit. That said, if a second rad unit was involved, pretty clear they would be affected.

Sorry confusing. I mean, if I attach a space marine IC to the Skitarii Vanguard unit and we get into assault, eldar guardians in example. Does the Rad Saturation apply to the IC attached to the skitarii vanguard, or only to the guardians? It is notable that the power specifically targets units, not models, and only applies in assault.

OK, that's a bit different situation. RAW is not entirely clear, but "Locked in Combat with..." phrasing is usually used to refer to an Enemy Unit. If I charge a Tactical Squad and an Assault Squad into the same Squad of Necron Warriors, both Units are Locked in Combat with the Warriors, but the Tactical Squad isn't Locked in Combat with the Assault Squad. If it were, they would have to stay in the Combat even after all the Warriors were dead.

So I would say, no, it wouldn't apply to friendly ICs, or even other friendly Units involved in the same Combat.

Also, if it did apply to friendly Units, since there's no exemption for other Units that have Rad Saturation, it would reduce the Vanguard themselves to T2 as long as they were in Combat.

• Like 2

@Fluger: That's pretty much what I think every time I read about their weapons ;)

@PaxMiles: See my example of multiple combat, tho. If the two Vanguard Units are reducing each other's T, that means they're Locked in Combat with each other, and thus can't do anything until one of the Units has been destroyed, even tho they can't attack each other. They are Locked in the same Combat, but they're not Locked with each other, and thus don't trigger Rad Saturation.

• Like 1