Skitarii BS question

Nope. Just modifies the BS on their Profile. Only Modifiers that specifically state so apply to Snap Shots, and the Cognis Weapons and that one Warlord Trait are the only things here that do.

So I can take that -2 BS +3 WS option, and while my BS is 2 on most(all?) units, the Cognis would remain as normal (also BS2)?

No because their are bs4 to begin with, so they will take -2 bs. The cognis, allows snap fire at bs2

My question is if the subtractions to BS apply to the cognis snapfire. I'm not really used to positive or negative BS mods, nor in having higher than 1 snapfire BS.

As I read it, they are not affected, but I like to double check. It would mean that in the turn which I do the -2 BS, that my cognis snap shots would be unaffected.

As opposed to also being -2 BS, making be unable to fire snap shots due to BS0.

The doctrina imperative drops the +/- to the stat line of the models profile, characteristics (page 72 codex). The Cognis rule states that the snap fire rule, BRB (Page 32), which is at BS1, is now counted at BS2.

I completely agree. What's your point?

Remember, all modifiers to a value are applied in a specific order as defined in the rulebook. You ALWAYS perform alterations in this order, unless a specific rule says otherwise.

First, you multiply or divide (e.g. a Power Fist or the like.) Next, you add or subtract (e.g. Furious Charge or the Doctrina Imperatives.) Third, you apply any value-setting effects (such as a Signum or the like.) Finally, you apply the Snap Fire rules.