An Actual "I Can't Believe It Is Not Waldpuris" Thread

dkieft

I believe it was last August when Adam (Malsqueek) clued me in to Malifaux. He had been talking about it for awhile and finally got time to give me a demo game. Half way though the second turn I was hooked. Right after the game we logged on to Wyrd and ordered a crew box. We in turn snagged a few more in our gaming group and they also promptly ordered some crew boxes.

Once this event hit the calendar Adam couldn't stop talking about how great of an event it was. Out of the 6 of us who play, 4 decided to make the trek down from Seattle for our first Malifaux event (Adam is a regular). Boy am I glad I went! The focus is fun, a 180 from the standard GW "crush the fun out of the game" style of events I'm used to.

I got to play against 5 great people, and a few crews and factions I haven't had the opportunity to see.  The game time was a little hard for me as I am still pretty new to the game, but I did manage to get well within turn 5 on all of the games, if not finished up. SomerTeeth is somewhat harder to play with the clock ticking down but I also had Ophelia's crew for the shorter time limit games.

This was easily the best time I've had at a Miniatures gaming event and I am already looking forward to next years event.

Thank you very much for the fun time and I hope to see you all again next year!

Blasto

(Dave)

• Like 4

Blasto

(Dave)

Wait what?!?! Blasto is Dave? Dave is Blasto?!?!?! Adam why do you not tell me these things!?!?!?

Nice to finally meet you in person even though I did not know that I knew you!

Also ENinja... who are you? The problem between real life and forums is matching the screen names with faces.

I know Dan and I (Rudy) were thinking about setting up more tournament style events down here, either at GG or Red Castle- I'll try to make posts up here if and when those start going up as well- no that you'll want to travel the 3-6 hours super regularly, but to have the option I'm sure would be nice.

Rudy- Err.... ENinja