ITC question

From the ITC list creation Format

If one player has a Super Heavy/Gargantuan LoW and the other does not, the player without can roll on the Escalation Warlord Table and gains +1 to Seize the Initiative. For every 3 Hull Points/Wounds dealt to the Super Heavy/Gargantuan Creature LoW, the player dealing the damage earns a bonus maelstrom point.

So, is it HP/Wounds dealt by the END of the game, as in the Escalation Supplement rules, or is it HP/Wounds dealt period?

Or rather, if I can heal/repair my super heavy or gargantuan creature of lost wounds during the game, does this mean that my opponent can gain further maelstrom points?

Here, from the escalation book:

Through Attrition, Victory
At the end of the game, you score 1 Victory Point for every 3 full Hull Points or Wounds
that have been lost by an enemy Lords of War unit. Note that Hull Points or Wounds
that have been lost but subsequently recovered due to Repair rolls, It Will Not Die or
by any other means are not counted when determining these Victory Points.

I've seen games where the Stompa heals 9+ hp per turn. If we use HP/wounds dealt, then I could 6 HP per turn for 5 turns and gain 10 bonus maelstrom points, even if that stompa ends the game at full HP. In escalation, as above, he'd be worth zero bonus points. So this is a pretty big distinction.

Okay, another ITC question. Started looking at their new format.

• Ranged D weapons use the following damage table, replacing that listed in the rule book. Note: D Weapons with the Distort Scythe special rule still subtract 1 from the table below.
    • Roll of a 1: No damage occurs.
    • Roll of a 2-5: Target model takes D2 wounds, or hull points with a penetrating hit.
    • Roll of a 6: Target model takes 2 automatic wounds with no saves allowed, or D2 hull points with a penetrating hit with no saves allowed. This attack never inflicts instant death, regardless of the target model’s toughness.

Seems like a pretty big nerf. I mean, the Shadow sword is on the list and has only a large blast D weapon at 455pts. That tank is horribly overpriced with these rules for D weapons. 300pts, tops, for the above D weapon rules on the shadowsword.

The non-D baneblade variants are now much better than the shadowsword. Why'd they nerf the shadowsword? It was like the most balanced D weapon unit in the game (melee or ranged D weapons)

And why didn't they nerf the melee D weapons?

They had an outright ban on ranged D, but the new Eldar Dex kinda forced their hand to include ranged D.  They chose to allow it in, but with a nerf.  

The above isn't a nerf, they crippled ranged D weapons. I can't get my points worth using any armies of the imperium ranged D weapons. They even made the eldar weapons worse than their distort weapons were in the last codex.

Max 2 wounds or 2 HP to a single target with a 455pt tank? With cover saves being allowed all but 1/6th of the time. Yeah, this isn't a nerf, the weapon isn't viable at all anymore.

The annoying bit is how this indirectly nerfs other things that use D profiles. Vortex of Doom, Shokk attack double 6s and so forth, all nerfed. Not exactly unbalanced options.

You say nerfed, everyone else and their mother says playable.

And that's the point, all those things were BANNED before, so now, if you REALLY want to use them, you can.  And while we can shed a tear for the Shadowsword, at least the guy with an Iyanden army all painted up can actually USE his army at an ITC event instead of having it banned outright.  

• Like 1

@ Pretre, how is this a bad analogy?

They've gone from abstinence to castration.

Seems pretty on topic, especially when talking about D getting nerfed instead of banned.

You say nerfed, everyone else and their mother says playable.

So which ranged D weapons were you planning on fielding that are viable in a tournament? Is it a non-eldar weapon?

Playable is different than viable. They weren't viable or playable before. Now at least they are playable. :)

Explain how the shadowsword wasn't viable or playable before....? The Imperial knight is considerably more broken than the shadow sword with full ranged D rules.

I saw it, but I really don't follow the smiley's very well. Could you just use parenthesis and say what it is you mean?

That would be reaaaaaallly awkward. ;) (I MEAN THAT WOULD BE REALLY AWKWARD AND I AM GIVING YOU A SLY WINK INDICATING THAT BOTH OF US KNOW THAT IT WOULD BE AWKWARD AND THIS SITUATION IS SLIGHTLY AMUSING.)

• Like 2

I don't bring Ranged D, I also don't want to have my army removed from the table by it. With the new table, I at least have a chance with my Guard and all their tanks.

If you were facing a shadowsword, you would never feel that I could table you with it. It is by far the most balanced D weapon platform in the game (melee or ranged).

We'd have to play 1250pts or less for it to start being broken, and then it would only because of that thunderblitz table.