Stripping assembled vehicles?

andy

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Blue is hard to strip and I find stripping vehicles to be hard as it flakes a lot and you can see the flakes. So just a nonprimer white spray over and thin paints like west said should be fine.

If current coat is think soak in big tub of the purple bottle stuff I think super clean for a couple days then scrub. Just strain as a few bits are likely to fall off.

Vehicles, I've always just re-primed and overpainted. Usually comes out OK as long as I'm careful to do light, thin coats, unless the other guy really slathered it on.

Same here. Sometimes I will break it apart and replace sections with fresh parts to give the illusion that it's a new model.

For example, the Land Raider Sponsons and Doors can often be pried off and replacements can be bought separately from GW or FW. This can go a long way towards making the vehicle look new when you spray over an existing paint job.

And then there's always heavy conversions for the really painted models. Land Raiders, in particular, are a great chassis for major conversion jobs.