Proof reading the ITC FAQ

Void Shield Generators and Vengeance Weapon Batteries are medium buildings (i.e. they have 4 hull points).

Here's a neat one. My batteries have 4 HP for free.

A Grey Knight unit from the Nemesis Strike Force (NSF) Detachment still benefits from the Rites of Teleportation Command Benefit if an Independent Character from another Detachment is joined to them. An Independent Character from the NSF Detachment joined to a unit from another Detachment does not benefit from Rites of Teleportation.

Also neat, even if it doesn't clearly address how this functions with other instances of ICs joining formations.

Gargantuan/Flying Gargantuan Creatures may not be transported by a Tyrannocyte, nor may a Tyrannocyte transport another Tyrannocyte/Sporocyst.

Love the idea that someone would try to transport a pod inside another pod....very funny.

1) Here's a neat one. My batteries have 4 HP for free.

2) Also neat, even if it doesn't clearly address how this functions with other instances of ICs joining formations.

3) Love the idea that someone would try to transport a pod inside another pod....very funny.

Without 1) your batteries have no HP and can't be played.

2) It's intended to be specific to that formation.

3) Someone tried, so they faq'd it.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

D wound allocation seems rai, as you don't roll wounds individually you roll them in pools. Think of rending for example. This is just a clarification.

• Like 1

Without 1) your batteries have no HP and can't be played.

Huh...Pretty sure the print out that came with my Vengeance Batteries dubbed them small buildings, but you are correct, that SA book does not mention it. Back of the SA book summarizes both as "impassible buildings" while they assign the small, medium and large to other buildings in the same stat.

A Vortex weapon fired from outside a Void Shield Zone that hits a unit within the Void Shield Zone hits the Projected Void Shield instead of the unit as normal, regardless of where the Vortex blast is on the table. In subsequent turns when the Vortex blast scatters, if the center hole of the blast is even partially within a Void Shield Zone, then the Vortex blast is not affected by that Void Shield Generator.

Under the building rules. Doesn't clarify vortex rules much, but it does help.

A Kustom Force Field benefits both friendly and enemy models within range.

Yay!

Feel No Pain rolls may be taken against wounds caused by Daemonic Instability.

I've know a few nurgle daemon players that would be happy to learn this one.

D wound allocation seems rai, as you don't roll wounds individually you roll them in pools. Think of rending for example. This is just a clarification.

If you look at the way the ITC words their example, the D hits are asigned by the two groups of 2-5 and 6 on the DWAT. They are still resolved per model, with the d6+6 wounds from an ITC melee destroyer hit being resolved on a single model only.

They don't roll wounds and then assign. Otherwise it would make the ITC melee D vastly broken.

If you look at the way the ITC words their example, the D hits are asigned by the two groups of 2-5 and 6 on the DWAT. They are still resolved per model, with the d6+6 wounds from an ITC melee destroyer hit being resolved on a single model only.

They don't roll wounds and then assign. Otherwise it would make the ITC melee D vastly broken.

He's not disagreeing with that. He's saying you assign D table results like wounds.

Even with ITC nerfed ranged D, the ability to force the guy with the SS to take the 2 auto-wounds denying saves before the other models is a pretty large boost.

It's not really a boost- this is how you would resolve it anyways, as per the rules for rolling to wound a group of models. Just as with Rending and other rules that trigger on a to-wound roll, the attacker is allowed to choose the order that wounds are allocated in if they vary in qualities.

The ITC FAQ explicitly says that Adepticon uses all of it.

Then you didn't read the whole thing

Modified Saves

2+ Rerollable Saves:

• For ITC format events, any saving throw of a 2+ that can be rerolled, if the first roll is failed, the reroll is failed on a roll of a 1,2 or 3.

• For ITC format events, we use the following profile for ranged Destroyer Weapons in place of that found in the book: D Weapons with the Distort Scythe special rule still subtract 1 from the table below.
  • Roll of a 1: No damage occurs.
  • Roll of a 2-5: Target model takes D2 wounds, or hull points with a penetrating hit.
  • Roll of a 6: Target model takes 2 automatic wounds with no saves allowed, or 2 hull points with a penetrating hit with no saves allowed. This attack never inflicts instant death, regardless of the target model’s toughness.

Stomp Attacks:
  • For ITC format events, Damage from a Stomp attack that results in a 6 on the Stomp Table can be passed off of an affected model to a model not also under the stomp template with a successful “Look Out, Sir” roll, if the the target model can normally take a “Look Out, Sir” test.
For ITC format events, The Invisibility psychic power is altered to read: units shooting at the Invisible unit do so at BS1, and hit it in melee on a 5+.

It's ok though, the confusion around this is so widespread it has almost become a truth despite it being a falsehood.

Here's a big one.

Unless explicitly permitted to do so, Psykers may not attempt to manifest more psychic powers than the number of their Mastery Level within a single psychic phase.

A dreadknight, in example, must choose between attempting their "Force" power and attempting other powers like "Banishment" or "Sanctuary."

That one actually puts a major crimp on the Librarius Conclave. I forgot that was in there.

That one, plus this one present a major crimp to any psyker army:

Multiple psykers that are part of the same unit cannot attempt to manifest the same psychic power during a single psychic phase.

Yeah, but I always remembered the other one. I've never had it come up anyhow, since in the Armies where I'm running multiple Psykers, I'm either spreading my Psykers out, rolling on different tables, or just using some as Warp Charge batteries. More of an issue for GK or Tzeentch Daemons, but not so much for most other Armies.

Um at the ofcc will I have to abide by that single power per mastery level? Cuz if I do I'm just gonna deploy, give up, and drink... I'll get battle points for stuff surviving and call it a day... That ain't rule in the main book and my Grey knights are a death star type build that focuses on multiple casts on my support elements...

I'm very regularly relying on my lvl 1s to cast hammer hand and force to punch above their weight and be worth their points...

Yeah, but given that psychic powers work COMPLETELY differently now, trying to keep things the same as before seems rather stupid.

I honestly feel that way about more than a few house rules/rules changes I see people making around the internet and at local game stores. It's pretty much just reactionary, not considering the effects of other changes around them. There are, admittedly, others that I completely agree with, tho, because I believe the previous way was genuinely better. Multi-level Ruins and Blasts/Templates, for instance.

Nasty one for tyranids too, as most of their psykers are level 1.

But you almost never need Dominion, and like half the powers on their chart are garbage in any given situation, so it basically never actually comes up. They've virtually always got more Mastery Levels hanging around than powers worth casting.

• Like 1

But you almost never need Dominion, and like half the powers on their chart are garbage in any given situation, so it basically never actually comes up. They've virtually always got more Mastery Levels hanging around than powers worth casting.

To be fair, most psychic disciplines include half powers that are garbage in the situation your psyker finds themselves in during the psychic phase.

Um at the ofcc will I have to abide by that single power per mastery level? Cuz if I do I'm just gonna deploy, give up, and drink... I'll get battle points for stuff surviving and call it a day... That ain't rule in the main book and my Grey knights are a death star type build that focuses on multiple casts on my support elements...

I'm very regularly relying on my lvl 1s to cast hammer hand and force to punch above their weight and be worth their points...

Last I checked, Team Event uses ITC FAQ, so yes. This was listed months ago.

The power per mastery level isn't a legacy ruling, its an interpretation of the following sentence in the rulebook.

Mastery Levels

The number of psychic powers a Psyker can use each turn depends on his
Mastery Level.

Of course it doesn't say how it depends on the mastery level, so there are some that say its a non-rule and others who say since it is a rule you have to figure out how to enforce it.  The council took the later stance.
  • Like 1