My First Missing Piece. :(

indytims

Well, I knew it was inevitable. :)

In every game system that I've dug into, I've -always- received product that at, one point or another, was missing a piece (or more).

Tonight I popped open my Highlander Caterans sniper blsiter, only to discover that the sniper rifle is gone!

I went to CB's website and followed the directions for submitting a 'complaint' (not really a complaint... I understand people pack these, and people make mistakes), but I've read that people have had mixed-results with getting replacement parts.

Anyone here have any personal experience, good or bad, with dealing directly with CB for things like this?

I've opened several boxed-sets, and a couple dozen blisters, and this was the first one, so it's not a 'rampant' issue that I've seen yet.

Just curious. :)

-Tim

just jumping into infinity the last few months… and so far I have ran into 2 different packs with missing parts.  Probably less than 5% of what I have picked up…. I'd have to look.  Anyhow, I am missing the pilots arms on my iguana - but I think it looks better without them lol.  And and I got one of my pano' sectorial knights - with the wrong gun (it had a second hand on it - and his other hand is already on his sword lol.  I plan just to make a copy of another arm I have that will work from a different knight.  

If I was missing something more drastic - I would try to get a replacement.  But so far I have been sorta lucky.

-d

I had this happen with my Yaogats. There were no heads for four models. I followed the procedure they posted, sent them an email set up how they wanted with the pictures of the packages and the quality slips. It took almost a week to get a response but then they said they were sending the missing pieces at no expense to me. Still waiting for them to show up but I know it will take a while since it's shipping from Spain. 

That's probably the one department that I have to give GW props for. Whether it was back in the mid 90's... or with a Prism Canon box I opened a few weeks ago - whenever I've called GW for missing pieces, I get fast-friendly service, and my missing piece shows up in my mailbox within a week, every time.

While I am not intending a 'comparison' between GW and CB, the -important- part, to me, is how the company deals with mispacks. If the last memory of the most recent box you bought is that it was missing pieces, that's not a good last memory for anyone. If the company makes good, and does it quickly, that instills confidence in that company.

Of course, it's also funny to note... of all the game products I've bought through the decades from all the companies I've collected from, GW also has the highest mispack rate that I've seen, personally. LOL! So they -better- have good customer service! :P