At Guardian Games on Friday 9/11, AFTERMATH!!!

Lord Hanaur

OKay.  Well I will take you up on that offer.  Takes about two hours to get there.  So i should be down by noon.  That will allow me a game before my eye appointment and one afterwards.  Eye Appointment is at 4:00.  I'll be blind for a bit but my friend can hopfully get me back over to the store for a second go round!

Who should I ask for Merkthejerk?

Also, I am probably bringing a fun Militarum Tempestus army but I can also bring the Tau Empire or Adepta Sororitas.  Any preference?

2000 okay?

I'm not in a normal state with armies atm having to sell 2 armies left me primary army less sadly. Maybe next time you're down I'll have a good army to run around some sisters with I play against them alot and they are frustrating if you can't control the board

Sisters of Battle are *GASP* good?  Lol.  

Obviously joking.  Ive played em for years.  They do just fine.  As for armies, like I say:  i own most of them so I could totes let you borrow one if we did play.  If you gave me a list i might even own the stuff you'd wanna play.  hehehe.  its REALLY not that inconceivable (unless you like Forge World in which case i got nothing for ya).

Anywho, feel free to drop by and say hello if you want.  

I love playing against sisters and my friend is an amazing general with them they're an army that most people dismiss but then their jaws drop when they get tabled. Kinda like 60 foot guardians laughable until they rend the [big bad swear word] out of you and then proceed to dominate the board like a boss.

OKay a fun day of gaming.

First up:  My worthy Tyranid Foe busted out a list that had, roughly:

2 Hive flyrants (naturally)

3 x Dakkafex Unit

Tyrranofex in an overlord...I mean  Tyrranocite, because he could

13 Gargoyles for tarpitting ya.

Couple Venomthropes to give cover shenanigans

a Zoanthrope for added Psyker goodness.

couple 12 Gaunt units

two Shrike Brooks which I have to say did an exceedingly good job in both our games.

A Mawloc, which did NOT do so hot.

Hokay.  Here was my list, roughly:

·             Militarum Tempestus Combined Arms Detachment

5 Tempestus Command (4 Meltas)

Taurox Prime (Auto Cannons, Battle Cannon)

5 Tempestus Command (2 Meltas, 2 Plasma)

8 Scions (2 Volleyguns)

8 Scions (2 Volleyguns)

8 Scions (2 Volleyguns)

8 Scions (2 Volleyguns)

1064pts

Astra Militarum Allied Detachment

Company Command Squad (4 Flamers)

Primaris Psyker (Level 2)

Primaris Psyker (Level 2)

Primaris Psyker (Level 1)

Ministorum Priest

Ministorum Priest

Ministorum Priest

3 Hydra Flakk batteries

40 Imperial Guardsman (4x power Axes, 4 LasCannons)

5 man Platoon Command

935pts

Details to follow

We played Dawn of War, Maelstrom of War mission 1 (Draw to three Objectives each round)

So I heavily deployed into reserve and especially my IMperial Guardsmen who failed to roll the Forewarning power for their Psykers.  Because of this colossal failure it made sense that the group should wait out the coming storm of Twin linked STR 6 doom from the skies and from the Dakkafexes.  So I deployed just the Taurox Primes on my right and the Hydra Flakk Batteries on the left and it was game on time. 

I went frist firing volleys into his unprotected Gaunts who were too far from the Venomthropes to either side to benefit and killed all but two.  Then it was his turn.

He responded by moving his DakkaFexs up my left flank, his Flyrants up the middle and his Shrikes zipped to my right along his board edge to secure objectives.  His shooting was brutal, killing a Taurox Prime and drawing First Blood. 

The reserves were slow comig and off target badly for the most part but we were able to get all ovr the board to key positions nad begin laying down suppressive fire for our brethren.  On came the enormous Priest-emboldened rabble of my Guardsman, ready to fight, though all my command units preferred not to come in at this point.  shots were fired and the Hydras nearly killed the Warlord, while other units shot the second Flyrant. 

Failing to kill the Flyrants was costly as the Tyrranofex and Tyrannocite dropped in along with the Flyrants and they positively put the beat down on the Imperial Guardsman unit, killing about 30 of them in one brutal fussilade …  Hoooooly crap.  Meanwhile the Gargoyles toiled forward on my right and contributed shots as well.  The Shrikes again flitted to alight upon objectives they needed to take. 

The turning point was when I got my Force Weapon Power off and charged with the remnants of the Imperial Guardsman and their attendant Priests and Psykers.  The Flyrant was knocked from the sky and then pummelled to death.

The tyranids tried to respond with Gargoyles and Tyrranocite and the Tyrranofex, but they all failed as the Force Weapons clove and clove again.

With no threats in the middle and points mounting up in my favor, He decided to cntinue vaporizing my units as they dropped in, but not before they could score points unfortuately   They were like persistent rodents you have to chase all over to kill.  But even when you catch them and squash them, the damage is already done!

My opponents conceded as we reached turn 5 and it was clear there was no coming back for the Tyranids,  Fun game.  We agreed to meet again at six to get another game in, this time he would be facing the dreaded Adepta Sororitas!  So I gave him my list so he could study it while i was gone and allow him to look up what things do.  It wasn't an army he had fought a lot before so it was only sporting to give him some heads up on what it conisted of.

More to come....

• Like 1

Unlike before, the Sisters of Battle deployed fully.  Sisters of Battle to either flank with their Exorcist, Three dominion Squads in the center, the Battle Conclave to right center and the huge 18 sisters squad to left center.  EVERYTHING mounted except the large Sisters Squad.  We were ready.

He did the same and deployed his Flyrants AND Dakkafex's centrally this time so he could really concentrate his Dakka pain, most likely on the large sisters unit later.  His gaunts swiled around them  The Gagoyles were in reserve this time, as it was the mission where you slowly get more and more objectives and it was a good idea to be able to reach out and gank an objective as needed.  Obviously his Tyrranofex and its shooty Tyrranocite were in reserve as well.  His Venomthropes as always protected the Shrikes, one to each flank, His zoanthrope to the left flank which was a bit weaker..

As he got choice of sides,  he chose to be nearer more objectives, which meant I was going to have to come to him.  PERFECT for the Hive Mind.  He also had the Warlord Trait for re-rolling his reserves and for Seizing initiative.  Confidence was high.  Hands were shaken.  Dice were rolled.  I retained the Initiative.

The Dominion scouted forward and then disembarked in their turn, killing his Warlord for a jarring First Blood kill.  The second Flyrant took a couple of wounds as well.  Needless to say the shock and awe of the attack rocked him on his heels but his stomach was too busy contempplating how I'd taste to notice.

His response was to shoot and kill one of the Dominion Squads and then he swooped over me, Dropped his Nova Shriek and killed six more, and finally shot one of the Dominion to pieces.  The last Dominion Squad got overrun by Gaunts and swept.  VERY quickly he had more than avenged his Warlord.

My second round was to move aggressively to every objective as I pulled the card that gives you 3+D3 points for taking all of them.  and...  My Rhino immobilized itself getting to one of them.  Needless to say, frustrating since that and getting within 12" of his board edge were my only objectives at this point!  Ironically, he would stop me in one way or another from acheiving that objective in all of the next three turns.  I opened up on his Gaunts that killed my Dominions, while the Sisters of Battle blob moved ever towards the Dakkafexes running in favor of shooting.  Sisters of Battle got out on the left and flaminated Gaunts that were sneaking up on an objective with their Zoanthrope, and Venomthrope buddy.  The Battle Conclave got out of its Rhino and the Exorcists stepped up and fired at the offending Flyrant.

His Flyrant shot past again and tried to Shriek but it did nothing.  the Dakkafex's laid into my Sistrs of Battle blob that was approaching and the Tyrranofex came in, belching death on my exposed Sisters of Battle to the center of the board near the central objective.  They broke and ran.  I later picked them up absentmindedly and put them in the dead pile for no apparent reason.  Lol  oops.  I realized what i did a round later but it was like "whatevs".  His Shrikes came up and beat up my Battle Conclave.  Holy Crap, they have crazy good combat stats.  dished out a lot of pain and almost wiped them on the charge with their Initiative 7.  sheesh.  The battle raged on.

Round 3 was full of fun.  On my turn i finally took 2 points, the first of the game outside of secondaries by hpping on a couple objectives with Obsec units but the real fun was the charges.  My Sisters of Battle Blob crashed into his Dakkafexes and began administering a severe beating that I think shocked him.  In the initial asault we killed one of the Dakkafex's!  They ended up rolling really well also and sent nine wounds back my way which would have been crippling if not for good old Uriah Jacombus.  That old coots guidance and prayers reduced our casualties to just two for the round and praise the Emperor becasue Dakkafex's hit hard in both shooting and asault apparently.  Lol.  I again tried to take every objective and guess what happened?  yup...  THE Rhino I needed to complete the deal immobilized itself.  uuuuuugh.  Foiled again.  St Celestine jumpd o the board and was way off target trying to get ot the Shrikes on the right.

On his turn three the Dakkafex's evaporated under the Priests and their retinues fervent onslaught, while his Flyrant flew off the board to get better position in the next round.  Tyrranofex fired away at me again as di the Tyrranocite but I got lucky.  The Mawloc killed itself when it tried to come in (mishap'd).  That thing didn't get to do much in either of our two games.

St. Celestine Jumped over and butchered the Shrikes down to one model of the three they started with, pulling them off the objective.  For the second round in a row I forgot to just use a heavy flamer (Celestine has one and caught it in her swath of flame when she hit the Shrikes) to pop his injured Venomthrope, and this time not only did i fire a bunch of stuff at it first but i even moved off an objective and missed out on scoring a butt load of points.  TWICE IN A ROW, SAME MISTAKE!   Almost my entire army tried to kill the last Venomthrope bfore i realized my identical error.  It was kinda hilarious that the most obvious solution was the last i tried.  i think i was getting tired at games end or something.  Silly me.  Anywho My blob moved back towards the left side to shoe up objectives and that was about it.

On his turn his Shrikes perished at Celestines unforgiving hands, and his Flyrant came back o nthe board and killedthe rhino on the left side and shot up my Sisters of Battle in a ruin nearby.  It surveyed the bard and was filled with despair as its remaining friends were the Tyrranocite in my backfield that was sort of trapped by rhino hulls from doing much more than maybe killing them and then (which they proceeded to do).  Some Gaunts still persisted but would soon be killed.

So at the end of the game the Sisters of Battle fires at the Flyrant and did nothing moved around and shifted to take objectives and that was game.  He simply didnt have enough units to mount a comeback no matter the cards he might draw and the score at this point was about 14-5.

I really enjoyed both games.  My opponent was very cordial and I'll look to play him again when I am down in Portland, perhaps with another couple of armies he can choose from.  

Also a few people said hello to me while I was there and i knew most of them but some I didn't immediately recognize so if I looked confused, thats why.  hehehe.  But thatnks to everyone who said howdy while I was there at Guardian Games.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

We met once in 2012 ofcc, im ok with faces but I imagine you wouldn't recognize me outright as we have yet to play. I brought vespids for your or a team mate.

Glad to hear you had fun, thanks for the reports. was cool to see your late match. Both armies were nicely painted.