Age of Sigmar - OrdoComp - Warscroll Compendium Lists

Sylvos

Hey everyone,

In order to get more feedback and evaluative data for the OrdoComp system for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar games, I'm posting a few Warscroll Compendiums using theme to not only present examples of how it is used but to see how players build specific units in regards to future composition changes.

I'll have several different armies listed, please post up some of your own using the OrdoComp system and track how they do in your games.  I intend on using this system as the composition system for our events for Warhammer: Age of Sigmar moving forward and want to playertest this as much as possible.

Here are two Wood Elf Warscroll armies and two Beastmen armies using the Organizations listed in their Warscroll Compendiums:

Wanderer Host

Wanderer Host Warscroll - 2

1 Glade Lord - 2

1 Spellweaver - 5

1 unit of 10 Glade Guard - 4

1 unit of 10 Glade Guard - 4

1 unit of 10 Eternal Guard - 4

1 unit of 10 Wildwood Rangers - 8

Total OrdoComp Composition Total: 29

Guardians of the Deepwood

Guardians of the Deepwood Warscroll - 2

1 Treeman - 10

1 Treeman - 10

1 Treeman Ancient - 12

1 unit of 15 dryads - 5

1 unit of 15 dryads - 5

1 Sylvaneth Wildwood - free

1 Sylvaneth Wildwood - free

Total OrdoComp Composition Total: 44

Beastmen Formations

Bullgor Stampede

Bullgor Stampede Warscroll - 2

1 Doombull (greataxe) - 4

1 Ghorgon - 10

1 unit of 3 Minotaurs - 4

1 unit of 3 Minotaurs - 4

1 unit of 3 Minotaurs (greataxe) - 8

Total OrdoComp Composition Total: 32

Furious Brayherd

Furious Brayherd Warscroll - 2

1 Beastlord - 2

1 Great Bray-Shaman - 4

1 unit of 10 Bestigors - 5

1 unit of 20 Ungors (shortspears) - 3 

1 unit of 20 Gors - 6

1 unit of 20 Gors - 6

1 unit of 20 Gors -  6

1 Ghorgon - Summoned - 11

Total OrdoComp Composition Total: 34/45

There you have four lists using the guidelines posted for OrdoComp.  Make a few lists and post them up.  Also keep in mind that some of the events may have a range band for lists from 15-60 so keep that mind and get to posting!

• Like 1

OnG Great Moonclan-2

Night Goblin Warboss on Great Cave Squig -4

Night Goblin Shaman-4

Mangler Squig-11

20 Night Goblins w/Pokin spears/FC/Bad Moon Icon/Netters-6

20 Night Goblins w/Pokin spears/FC/Bad Moon Icon/Netters-6

30-Night Goblins w/Night Bows and Slittas/FC/Goblin Flag-4

3-Night Goblin Fanatics-3

3-Night Goblin Fanatics-3

Total-43

Ive ran this a few times in AoS and its a lot of fun!.The blocks of gobbos are a lot tougher than they seem.

The ordo comp totally confuses the heck out of me.

It says 'warscrolls' fall into 3 slots- light, medium, heavy, but then units are worth the points associated with their warscrolls? So if I bring 3 units of Ogre Bulls that counts as 1 warscroll or 1 unit, or 3 units and 1 warscroll!? Cause a warscroll is a descriptor of a unit? A "hero" is a 'light' warscroll but so is a unit of gnoblers in a pack of 10, but only if the hero doesn't have a horse?? And they are both 2 points?

How is a unit of bestigors 5 points? If it's a medium warscroll I thought it was 4 points?

Then the missions have maximum warscroll counts- but someone could potentially run a massive number of models all from the same warscroll?

I'm just lost on the comp.

I'm really not trolling- I just really really don't get it at all.

I'll explain it for you Nathan.

1. 3 units of Ogre Bulls (I'm assuming they are 3 Ogres to a unit) will be 3 Normal Warscrolls.  Each will be 4 points.  

2. A "Hero" is a warscroll (that is not mounted) with they keyword "Hero" on it.  That is determined to be a Light Warscroll and the equivalent of 2 points.  if the Hero was mounted he would be a Normal Warscroll and if he was on a Monster a Heavy warscroll.

3.  The unit of Goblins is determined to be a "Light Warscroll" because it meets the criteria for a Light Warscroll which is:  The model needs a 5 to hit, 4 to wound, has a 6+ armor save and 1 wound.  This is to represent the idea of the weak, little units like goblins, skaven, some undead, etc.. that are on their own would not match up equally against a normal warscroll of something like a Wood Elf Eternal Guard unit.  Therefore these units are more prone to take more of their number in order to compensate for their lack of martial might (i.e. they were old school horde armies in 8th).

4. A unit of Bestigors is Normal Warscroll.  The unit minimum is 5 on the Warscroll.  Because it is a Normal Warscroll and I added 5 wounds to the scroll, you add 1 pt for every 5 wounds added to a Normal Warscroll.  Had the minimum been 10 rather than 5 it would have been 4 points.

5. One warscroll is one unit.  If you brought a formation such as The Beastclaw Avalanche from the Ogre Kingdoms Warscroll Compendium - the base Formation warscroll would be equivalent to 2 points because you are unlocking an ability for taking those units and as a result gaining a benefit.  The other units on that Formation warscroll are: 1 Stonehorn, 2 units of Mournfang Cavalry, and 1 Thundertusk.  So the entire formation as far as OrdoComp is determined is 5 Warscrolls: The formation, stonehorn, mournfang, mournfang, and thundertusk. You would have to pay for each warscroll individually based upon the keywords and requirements of the composition system.

The system is really just set up to have each warscroll have X value, and the sum of those values will equal your total OrdoComp score.  In an event I may ask you to bring a Warscroll Compendium of 70 points of warscrolls but each scenario may only let you use 20-25 or 40-45 dependent upon the mission.  The idea is to provide you with a sideboard that allows a bit more freedom when battling a friend during an event.

I can sit down with you later if you still don't get the composition package.

Still working my way through it as well,but getting more of a handle it as I just realized I was doing Hero`s wrong,heh.

Clarification needed on Wizards,Im assuming that their spell effects don't add comp points?..as in if they have a spell that does d3 damage or Mortal wounds? or should that add points?.They all have Arcane bolt but I imagine that's already figured in to the base?.

Still working my way through it as well,but getting more of a handle it as I just realized I was doing Hero`s wrong,heh.

Clarification needed on Wizards,Im assuming that their spell effects don't add comp points?..as in if they have a spell that does d3 damage or Mortal wounds? or should that add points?.They all have Arcane bolt but I imagine that's already figured in to the base?.

Version 1.2 will hopefully address that, I'm still working on how to add a modifier when a unit does D3 wounds but only to a unit with a specific keyword.  I may have to change or clarify some of those.

• Like 1

Alright- I think I'm starting to get it- it's really not that difficult, I think my dyslexia was just bouncing the language around and making it seem far more complicated.

So...

The Glottkin,

6 points for being both a hero and monster (heavy warscroll)

+2 for being able to cast 2 spells

+6 because he has damage profile of 3/d3/d6 and he has 18 wounds (IE18/3=6)

Meaning they count as a 14 point warscroll

One 4 man unit of Ironguts

4 points for having a minimum unit size of 3 and each model having more than 2 wounds (normal warscroll)

+0 points for adding fewer than 5 additional wounds in the form of 1 more model (minimum unit size 3)

+5 points for having a damage profile of 3/d3/d6 and having a total of 16 wounds in the unit (16/3=5.33)

4 Ironguts cost 9 points.

Alright- I think I'm starting to get it- it's really not that difficult, I think my dyslexia was just bouncing the language around and making it seem far more complicated.

So...

The Glottkin,

6 points for being both a hero and monster (heavy warscroll)

+2 for being able to cast 2 spells

+6 because he has damage profile of 3/d3/d6 and he has 18 wounds (IE18/3=6)

Meaning they count as a 14 point warscroll

One 4 man unit of Ironguts

4 points for having a minimum unit size of 3 and each model having more than 2 wounds (normal warscroll)

+0 points for adding fewer than 5 additional wounds in the form of 1 more model (minimum unit size 3)

+5 points for having a damage profile of 3/d3/d6 and having a total of 16 wounds in the unit (16/3=5.33)

4 Ironguts cost 9 points.

You are pretty much correct only Glottkin would be 18 

6 points for being hero and monster

3 points for being able to cast 2 spells and having keyword Wizard (wizard adds 1 point - I may modify this in the future)

6 points for damage profile 3/d3/d6 and has 18 wounds

3 for the fact that he causes Mortal Wounds and that is 1 per 5 wounds.

So he like Nagash max out the limit on a Warscroll to 18.

Ironguts are pretty much spot on!