40k ITC Tournament Dec 5th!

Xavier319

So, we're planning on having our first legitimate tournament Dec 5th. This will also be the end of the first Escalation league, and a semi-party type thing. so, the details for the tourny...

Buy in: Purchase a box of something from the Nest. This is instead of a 15 or 20 dollar buy in as with most tournaments. That way you get to keep your models even if you dont win anything. You can talk to James ahead of time, and have him special order what you want.

Points: 1850 (this is the standard tournament size. Most of our tournies will be 2k, but I figure that might be hard for some people to swing. If you want to do 2k instead, say so in your response to this post)

ITC rules? Yes

Painted? It would be nice, but you do NOT have to have tourny legal paint on your models. We'll get to that soon.

Prizes? James has agreed that first, second and third will get some kind of gifts certificate. That is in addition to everyone keeping the box they bought as their buy-in.

Time: We'd like to start around Noon on Sat.

Format: We're going to be doing 2 hour rounds, with a break in between each round.

Tentative Schedule:

12:00 pm - Arrive and get out models, check in, get opponents.

12:30-2:30 pm - First Round

2:30-3:00 pm - break and table switch

3:00-5:00 pm - Second Round

5:00-6:00 pm - Dinner Break, socialize

6:00-8:00 pm - Final Round

8:00-8:30 pm - Prizes and war stories.

Who can make this? Who cant? is another day better? Sound off!

Not sure if you will discuss this while at the shop this week or not but i was wondering if there was some more information about the tourney so that we can get ready for it.  

General questions:

Do we have to get a list to you for review to make sure of legality and points?

I have been making some objectives so that we all have the same size and numbers if that is alright?  they look like my red ones with the 1, 2 ect on them and i might try and customize them for each army if i get the chance to

Are there missions for the tourney? Or are we using the ones that we have played already and just rolling for those?

Does anything need made for the tables? terrain, buildings, special bunkers or anything?

Sorry for the list but i am a prepare freak and i know that time will be short for the games and knowledge is half the battle.