This is Awesome and it's Mine!

Gailbraithe

So for anyone curious, when I commissed these from Andrew I didn't have any artwork, just rough ideas in my head.  He said he could work without source art, so I sent him a written description and a collage of images:

WASTELAND WARRIOR #1 (MALE)
This warrior is wearing cargo pants, heavy work boots, leather wristbands, and a pair of bandoliers across his bare chest. Small shoulder pads are connected to the bandoliers. He has several modern-style pouches clipped to his belt and an empty holster. A crude sword with cloth wrapped handle is strapped to his back. He carries a shield made from a stop sign on his left arm, and is running forward with his right arm extended to fire his sawed-off shotgun. He has a mane of medium length shaggy hair held back by a strip of cloth tied around his head.

tbHHaXo.jpg?1

So that become the miniature you see above.  Here's the descriptions and collages for the other four. I'm super excited to see how he realizes them:

WASTELANDS WARRIOR #2 (MALE)

This warrior is wearing calf high boots and knee pads, a furred loincloth, a massive broad belt, umpire armor, and forearm guards made from leather-backed diamond plate steel. He has several modern-style pouches clipped to his belt and a large pistol in a holster. He is in a running crouch, charging forward with a murder machine – a massive, gas-powered conglomeration of buzzsaw blades. He has a large, bushy mohawk, like the plume on a Roman centurions helmet.

SGJJKPV.jpg?1

WASTELAND WARRIOR #3 (MALE)
This warrior is wearing cargo pants, engineer boots, and a bulletproof vest. He has cloth wrappings around his forearms. He has a shield made from a yield sign on his right arm, and is swinging an axe made from a hubcap with his right hand. A shotgun is slung across his back. He has several modern-style pouches clipped to his belt and a canteen. His hair is done in cornrows but his face is obscured by a gasmask.

FU5Cv2y.jpg?1

WASTELAND WARRIOR #4 (FEMALE)
This warrior is wearing calf-high boots, laced leather pants, a feathered belt and shoulder mantle, a very small leather bustier, and feathered wristguards. A machete is strapped to her back. She's carrying a modern crossbow loosely in both hand, held at hip level but not aimed at a target. Her hair is done up in giant bushy mohawk decorated with more feathers and she's wearing sunglasses.

x7pS76h.jpg?1

WASTELAND WARRIOR #5 (FEMALE)
This warrior is wearing calf-high furred moccasins, knee pads, bikini briefs, and sleeveless motocross-style armor that manages to show some cleavage. She has forearm guards that merge with fingerless gloves. A pistol is holstered on her right hip and a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire, held in her left hand, rest on hershoulder while her right hand rest on her hip. Her hair is medium length and swept back, except the sides of her head which are shaved. She has an eyepatch made from half a set of goggles and a sneer.

znV8SUQ.jpg?1

Number 3!

9qLaXC3.jpg

This one is a good object lesson in being clear:  I sent Andrew a pic of a bulletproof vest worn over a t-shirt, but the description didn't mention a t-shirt and I didn't want him wearing anything other than the vest, but I didn't make that clear so I got a t-shirt.  Not a big deal, just a lesson learned.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.