AoS at Guardian Games 12/19 5:00-10:00

Threejacks

Reserved a table in the Sip and one out in the store:)

My son and I will probably be using the one in the store but Im hoping a few others can show up!

Simple list guidelines;

8-10 War Scrolls Army

100 wound army cap

25 wound scroll cap

1-3 Heroes/Wizards

0-3 Warmachines

0-3 Monsters

No duplicate named Hero/Monsters

All from the same main faction.

Ill bring scenario copies from the books with me:)

As it stands now,at least one of my boys is going to be going so we will likely be using the table out in the store(due to his age).We can team against another or he can join with another against me,or even do a 2v2.

I also have the table in the Sip to use if needed.I will probably pull the reservation if I don't see anyone by 6:00 pm though.

Reserved a table in the Sip and one out in the store:)

My son and I will probably be using the one in the store but Im hoping a few others can show up!

Simple list guidelines;

8-10 War Scrolls Army

100 wound army cap

25 wound scroll cap

1-3 Heroes/Wizards

0-3 Warmachines

0-3 Monsters

No duplicate named Hero/Monsters

All from the same main faction.

Ill bring scenario copies from the books with me:)

Okay, is there a downwards cap on models?

Like, if I only show up with 25 wounds in models, am I going to have a horrible time due to the vast difference in army size?

Okay, is there a downwards cap on models?

Like, if I only show up with 25 wounds in models, am I going to have a horrible time due to the vast difference in army size?

If you don't want to field that many wounds then I can match you or get as close as possible so we can have a fairly balanced game:)

If theres only 3 of us you can also team up with my Son or something like that.The game is very forgiving for group/team play that way.

Well let's see... If you show up to a gun fight with a knife are you going to have a tough time?

Now if you ask someone to play a 25 wound game then it could be more evenly balanced.

Was just asking. Some games are designed to "auto-balance" gaps like this, while others don't work so well.

I take it that I should have a certain minimum number of wounds, but I'm not really sure what that number is based on the comp requirements. 

I'm just curious.

If you don't want to field that many wounds then I can match you or get as close as possible so we can have a fairly balanced game:)

If theres only 3 of us you can also team up with my Son or something like that.The game is very forgiving for group/team play that way.

I'll be fine, it was just a question of curiosity, as it only just occurred to me that a downwards cap is only included for the hero/wizards and the warscrolls with the comp system above.

thinking something like this:

Lord of Change

Bray Shaman

Pink Horrors (10)

Flamers (6)

Furies of Tzeentch (5)

Soul Grinder of Tzeentch

Chaos Spawn of Tzeentch

Chaos Familiars (1)

64 starting wounds, I think. I've got some beastmen infantry too, though I'll have to double check, if I have enough for a unit. That's 3 hero-wizards, 2 monsters, 0 warmachines, and 16 wounds being the highest single unit wound count. 8 warscrolls. Looks meager, but summoning is the threat of this army and I will bring extra models for that purpose (which don't fit into the army composition requirements).

Still not sure about TK or daemons, but since the switch to round bases, I don't really need to choose just yet, as I already have the above daemon models.

thinking something like this:

Lord of Change

Bray Shaman

Pink Horrors (10)

Flamers (6)

Furies of Tzeentch (5)

Soul Grinder of Tzeentch

Chaos Spawn of Tzeentch

Chaos Familiars (1)

64 starting wounds, I think. I've got some beastmen infantry too, though I'll have to double check, if I have enough for a unit. That's 3 hero-wizards, 2 monsters, 0 warmachines, and 16 wounds being the highest single unit wound count. 8 warscrolls. Looks meager, but summoning is the threat of this army and I will bring extra models for that purpose (which don't fit into the army composition requirements).

Still not sure about TK or daemons, but since the switch to round bases, I don't really need to choose just yet, as I already have the above daemon models.

Looks good!

Grr....found 30 horrors, 3 bray shamans, my chaos spawn, 1 doombull, 13 flamers, 1.5 princes, the soulgrinder, the familiar, 4 furies, and half a lord of change. I have a ziplock bag somewhere in my home that contains the other half of the prince, the other half of the lord of change, and second lord of change. The last fury is somewhere else.

Found the lords of change.

Okay, so question to verify. If a model has a spell that summons models not in my starting army, they can be summoned, right?

In particular, I can use the bray shaman to summon daemon princes, despite not including any daemon princes in the base list....? The Bray shaman can summon "monster" models.

Found the lords of change.

Okay, so question to verify. If a model has a spell that summons models not in my starting army, they can be summoned, right?

In particular, I can use the bray shaman to summon daemon princes, despite not including any daemon princes in the base list....? The Bray shaman can summon "monster" models.

In order to gain the summoning spell that is listed on a warscroll you do need to include that warscroll in your army list,as in the list that was built following the comp system in use(if any).Now when you are dropping your army at setup you can choose to not drop warscrolls that can be summoned and hold them in reserve..or you can start with the scroll on the board then summon more of those models from your collection or resummon those models that have died(minimum warscroll of them).

In the case of your Great Bray Shaman,you are correct.. there are several hero/army(even some terrain piece) abilities in the game that are activated much like summoning,many of them state that you can bring in models from your "Collection",in these cases you don't need to have the warscroll in play(or reserve) to follow through with these rulings.

There is even a special rule titled "Time of War" in the first source book "Mighty Battles" that allows Khorne forces to make a once per battle roll on the Legions of Chaos table that can result in multiple units being summoned from their collection.As well there is a rule for any Order or Destruction army that allows for a once per battle attempt by their general to bring in multiple additional Stormcast units from their collection.The Time of War rules are listed as "applying to all games of Age of Sigmar".Though I usually don't use it unless we are playing a published Battleplan as they could really throw off a game using a different comp system.

In the case of your Great Bray Shaman,you are correct.. there are several hero/army(even some terrain piece) abilities in the game that are activated much like summoning,many of them state that you can bring in models from your "Collection",in these cases you don't need to have the warscroll in play(or reserve) to follow through with these rulings.

Awesome.

I own too many wizards to field them with the above comp system, but fielding non-wizards isn't very Tzeentch either, so I'm thinking I'll just start with 65-ish wounds and summon more wizards at a rather rapid pace.

One more question, do I need to own summoned models, or can I summon my opponent's models? In particular, some of the Tzeentch daemons can "steal" spells from enemy wizards. If the enemy is summoning and I "steal" their spell, do I still require my own version of that model to summon it? Or rather, am I unable to use stolen spells which require models I don't own? I can see it either way, so I figured I'd ask.

Awesome.

I own too many wizards to field them with the above comp system, but fielding non-wizards isn't very Tzeentch either, so I'm thinking I'll just start with 65-ish wounds and summon more wizards at a rather rapid pace.

One more question, do I need to own summoned models, or can I summon my opponent's models? In particular, some of the Tzeentch daemons can "steal" spells from enemy wizards. If the enemy is summoning and I "steal" their spell, do I still require my own version of that model to summon it? Or rather, am I unable to use stolen spells which require models I don't own? I can see it either way, so I figured I'd ask.

Since summoned models or models brought into the game in any other way are described as from "your collection" then yes you do need to actually own the models to bring them in.

This is where building the 15 scroll army really shines. Before each game you choose 8-10 scrolls from your chosen 15 to participate in the battle. Allows customization for opponents army. Plus armies with summoning abilities have a reserve of 5-7 scrolls not chosen to be able to summon from. This limits the spam potential and the Wizards summoning more wizards issues.

• Like 1

Ill bring that latest Battleplan released as part of the advent called "The Monolith"

Its very similar to "The Ritual",just a different way to deal with the destruction of the objective:)

Ill also bring my School league printout if someone wants to try it out.Its basically a 30 model limit with a 15 model limit on models added to the game.Also designed to play faster with a maximum of four rounds and played on a 4x4 board.Very balanced too:)

Thnx for the fun Game!

My Son and Paxmiles teamed up to work over my Stormcast army as it tried to make its way to the Monolith though the constantly regenerating army of Daemons and Skeletons,lol.

I think we will start adding a sideboard of 25 wounds to pull from as that would certainly add the needed customization for some matchups.

Looking forward to facing your demonic hordes again!

So I started with a 65 wound list, because I thought it would be balanced well with a 100 wound list of non-summoners. I ended up dropping 10 wounds for an ally (Collin, Rcnjack's son) with a 45 wound list. So my well intentioned list was now a full 100 wounds....We did maintain a combined force that met the army composition requirements.

Regarding the summoning, Rcnjack decided to forgo including any units which could counter spells, plus we rolled 3 arcane ruins for starting terrain. I don't the summoning was broken as we used it, but circumstances of both the spell boosting terrain and lack of counter-spelling made it very over powering.

I certainly think I could build a list where the summoning was broken, but this was not it.

PS: Thank you very much for the game.