Let's make a list using "The Eight" (OFCC)

Gorgosaurusrex

A bunch of Tau stuff just fell into my lap, and I've always been fascinated by The Eight. As I already have enough tournament armies this force will be for more laid-back/casual/OFCC style play. I just don't want to get tabled every game.

Here's my first draft:

Farsight Enclaves - The Eight - Warzone Damocles: Mont'ka

Commander Farsight 165

-Crisis Battlesuit, Plasma Rifle, Dawn Blade, Shield Generator

O’Vesa 305

-Riptide Battlesuit, Ion Accelerator, Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, Stimulant Injector, Early Warning Override, Earth Caste Pilot Array, 2 Shielded Missile Drones

Commander Bravestorm 199

-Iridium Battlesuit, Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Stimulant Injector, Shield Generator, Onager Gauntlet, 2 Gun Drones

Commander Brightsword 200

-Crisis Battlesuit, Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, Advanced Targeting System, Stimulant Injector, Fusion Blades, Shield Drone, Warscaper Drone

Shas’O Sha’vastos 174

-Crisis Battlesuit, Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Shield Generator, Vectored Retro-Thrusters, Puretide Engram Neurochip, 2 Gun Drones

Shas’O Arra’kon 169

-Crisis Battlesuit, Plasma Rifle, Cyclic Ion Blaster, Airbursting Fragmentation Projector, Counterfire Defense System, Repulsor Impact Field, 2 Gun Drones

Shas’vre Ob’lotai 9-0 128

-Broadside Battlesuit, Twin-Linked High Yield Missile Pod, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Velocity Tracker, Seeker Missile, 2 Missile Drones

Sub-Commander Torchstar 154

-Crisis Battlesuit, 2 Flamers, Target Lock, Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer, Drone Controller, 2 Marker Drones

Tau Empire - Allied Detachment - Codex: Tau Empire

Commander Shadowsun 135

XV8 Crisis Bodyguard Team 161

-2 with Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, 1 with 2 Flamers and Command & Control Node

Crisis Team 156

-3 with 2 Missile Pods

Fire Warrior Team 54

-6 with Pulse Rifles       

I've listed each character's equipment for reference.

The idea is that most of the character suits join Shadowsun and her Bodyguard team, enabling all Independent Characters in the unit to automatically pass Look Out Sir! rolls. They'll probably deep strike, leaving O'Vesa and Ob'lotai on the ground with the Missile Pod suits and the Fire Warriors.

Should I take Shadowsun's 20 point, 3+ invulnerable shield drones to soak wounds? I'd love to see some shield drones in that unit but I'm not sure where I'd get the points.

Any suggestions are welcome!