Infiltration combat squad rules question

Xavier319

You can't infiltrate into a transport that is already on the board. Since infiltrators setup last, the non-infiltrate squad can't go into the transport since it isn't there when they deploy. Also, combat squads is decided before infiltrate, so you couldn't cover both of them with one use of his power.

• Like 1

I knew the second part.

but since the transport is dedicated for the infiltrating combat squad, you could choose to infiltrate the transport. but i guess at that point, the other half of the ten man unit would need to deploy normally before the transport was on the table. shucks.

also, re-reading the outflank rules, you can choose to outflank WHEN you deploy something, meaning that you can choose to outflank your infiltrators when it's time to deploy them, after everything else. am I reading this right?

Q: My Rhino tried to move through a forest and rolled a '1' and got its Storm Bolter destroyed by the terrain, but I had used my Smoke Launchers so I thought I should get a save against it. My opponent argued that I shouldn't, because trees aren't affected by smoke anyways. Which of us is right?

A: Although the crew of a vehicle might be immune to most gunfire, they know that the planet itself can be their enemy and they fight it all the harder! Forests do not cause Difficult Terrain rolls for Imperial vehicles.

Q: Logan Grimnar's codex entry says that he "can no longer join units" if he purchases Stormrider. Does this mean I can join him to a unit of Thunderwolves during army creation, and then purchase Stormrider afterwords?

A: In cases like this, it's good to remember The Most Important Rule. Roll off with your opponent to determine whether or not he stays joined to the unit each turn.

Q: The Dark Eldar codex appears to have several unit entries in it that are still marginally usable, meaning they will occasionally win games on accident. Is this intentional?

A: To be honest we don't even remember who the Dark Eldar are. Is that the girl faction? We don't like them because they make us feel uncomfortable, so we are slowly removing all the girl models from the game. Oh, Dark Eldar! Yes, they suffer a -1 Toughness penalty when shot at by Bolters. Feel the wrath of the Emperor, xenos!

• Like 4