AoS on 2/13 at GG

So it sounds like you'll be playing the Watchtower this time around but you might try adding some objictives to the board as well. I've been playing on my own with models and standins to get a feel for things more and i've been putting down 3 plus d3 objective markers. The main objective is worth 2 VP and each objective is worth 1. It keeps the battle a bit more spread put and keeps it from being a killing grind. Also using the sudden death objuctives as 1 vp each without sudden death. I'd be interested to see how it'd all work in an actual two player battle.

So it sounds like you'll be playing the Watchtower this time around but you might try adding some objictives to the board as well. I've been playing on my own with models and standins to get a feel for things more and i've been putting down 3 plus d3 objective markers. The main objective is worth 2 VP and each objective is worth 1. It keeps the battle a bit more spread put and keeps it from being a killing grind. Also using the sudden death objuctives as 1 vp each without sudden death. I'd be interested to see how it'd all work in an actual two player battle.

I wrote up the Watchtower one as its the next in the Mighty Battles battleplans.As with most all battleplans it doesn't use any objective points on the board,though I did mention placing the lava Geysers which are part of the Brimstone peninsula environmental rules.Those aren't objectives to capture rather they are locations to try and stay away from as they randomly go off each turn and cause d3 morts to any units within 6" radius of them,heh.

If you want to try a scenario with objectives though,we can do one from the set that Gamer Geek and his son were doing last session,I think theres 2 more in that set to try:)

I have also recently tried playing a game with 2k sdk points per side but using the tactical objective cards.The game was OK,but took a long time to complete and it played too much like 40k...seemed to sap some of the flavor of regular AoS gameplay away.

So what's the plan for Sat evening?

If you have a scenario in mind I'm up for that:)

Otherwise ill bring my Skull keep for the Watchtower Battleplan,plus ill have the School league rules with me as well,those are pretty much the same thing they are doing at the upcoming Throne of Skulls at Warhammer world.

For army sizes I would say 1500 pts this time in SDK,,a bit smaller to make sure we have time to complete the games.Or if you want to do wounds that's fine too.Or for those that don't have a lot of models we can always scale down to each other and match up wounds:)

The Throne of Skulls(School league) rules call for 30 model armies with a 15 model reserve pool if ya want to go that route.

I may try a Bloodmarked Warband Battalion this time,not sure how many points it is though,heh.