OFCC Tau List

Kaoshin

So for OFCC my faction has now changed to Tau, but as some of you have heard in discussion with me the spirit of OFCC has gone back to the glory days of fun games and not being super serious. I'm pasting the guidelines for list rating below:

1 – This is the lowest tier list, at a glance they might even be called by many “bad.” The majority of the units may be from the weaker and lower aspects of each Codex. Think Dark Eldar Wytches, especially if they’re on foot. Ogryns or Armored Sentinels, Infantry based armies are often found here. Allies that may be massive force multipliers won’t be found here. Units that lack synergy and an abundance of Special Rules. This list is essentially garage hammer at its finest, relaxed, fun models that you may love but for whatever reason rarely see the light of day.

2 – Perhaps the hardest to determine, this is the perfect place to be shooting for in regards to your army list. Here you may find old school Space Marine battle companies that are Infantry based, without using the Gladius detachment. Maybe an occasional Psyker or two scattered among the lists. A few optimized units that can help carry some weight, a unit of 5 scatter bikes, a thunder wolves squad, a broadside battlesuit squad, etc.

3 – These are lists that could be seen at tournaments, but probably not end up on the top table. Think heavy Drop Pod armies, units with Ignore Cover, Super heavies (Imperial Knights mainly, particularly only 1). Smaller “coma”-stars as opposed to deathstars. These armies are ones that most players could pilot comfortably. Additionally, these list may be very difficult to pair with to ensure fun games for both players. Thunderwolf armies, bike armies, flying circuses, things along those lines.

4 – Tournament lists, these are just a flat out no go. Skyhammer, Centurion Stars, Gladius Strike Forces, Ad Mech War Convocations, deathstars and the like. Multiple super heavies here as well. Avoid super psychic units and stars fall into here, major MSU. If you’ve seen it at a top table, or know it’s regularly played by some of the better players around, you shouldn’t be bringing it to OFCC.

With this in mind I've come up with this list below. I'm shooting for a solid 2. What do you all thing?

Total Points: 1999

Farsight Combined Arms Detachments - 1385

HQ
Commander 'Arcfist' - 242
Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, Fusion Blades, Shield, Stimulant Injector, Neuroweb System Jammer, Onager Gauntlet, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit

Troops
XV8 Crisis Suits (2) - 116
Fusion Blasters (4), Early Warning Override (2), Bonding Knife Ritual

XV8 Crisis Suits (2) - 116
Fusion Blasters (4), Early Warning Override (2), Bonding Knife Ritual

Fast Attack
XV9 Close Support 'Hazard' Team (3) - 270
Twin-Linked Burst Canons (3), Fusion Cascades (3)

Tetra Scout Speeder Team (2) - 70

DX-6 'Remora' Drone Fighter Squadron (2) - 180

Heavy Support
TX78 Skyray - 115

TX78 Skyray - 115

Sniper Drone Team - 161
Firesight Marksmen (2), Sniper Drones (9)

Tau Combined Arms Detachment - 614

HQ
Ethereal - 50

Troops
Breacher Team (10) - 132
Shas'ui, EMP Grenades (10), Guardian Drone
TY7 Devilfish - 80

Breacher Team (10) - 132
Shas'ui, EMP Grenades (10), Guardian Drone
TY7 Devilfish - 80

Heavy Support
XV88 Broadside - 70
Twin-Linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Early Warning Override

XV88 Broadside - 70
Twin-Linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-Linked Smart Missile System, Early Warning Override

pulling of the riptides and stormsurge are nice i have to admit.  This seems like a list i would bring i may move a skyray and a tetra out for more troops but thats me i like boots on the ground.  multiple small units could be fun 5 man teams everywhere walking on late ect for objectives.  other than that its surely not an optimised list at all but it still does have some sneaky fire power.  Just remember to use the jammer ;)

changing his surname to nojam arcfist might help???